Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:22 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times

Advertisements

They'll need 4WD to get through all that snow we got yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
I hope not as cheap gas will go as did expensive gas and vise versa or as they say forward and back. This will not last!

IMO gas will go right back up again as the factors that drove prices up have only gone away temporarily. Once world economies start to recover need for oil will go up and gas will surely follow much faster than the 5+ year loan the giant SUV and truck will take to pay off!

I for one learned that gas over $3 / gallon hurts - not an OUCH type hurt but a stomach type of hurt where the food goes or in the case of higher gas prices does not go!

I am still planning on buying a Hybrid or electric car when available. To early to jump into a Hybrid until I see what the fully electric cars cost of ownership will be.

I am still looking at ways to reduce my gas usage and banking the savings. The last Stimulus check got me a new HD TV and the next will get me the BlueRay DVD player!

Oh as an editorial note, I threw TWC out and went with Satellite! I could not take TWC billing problems any longer! Sorry for the diversion but had to get that off my fingers and into the keyboard! Ahhhh I feel better now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary