Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 06:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times

Advertisements

I have the opportunity to attend an event at the Cardinal Club in downtown Raleigh this week. I'm curious if anybody is familiar with this Club and how it may or may not be different from the Capital City Club. I've checked out their website's but can't really tell.

Both look like they would be a fine location for the next City-data meet up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM

770 posts, read 2,754,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I have the opportunity to attend an event at the Cardinal Club in downtown Raleigh this week. I'm curious if anybody is familiar with this Club and how it may or may not be different from the Capital City Club. I've checked out their website's but can't really tell.

Both look like they would be a fine location for the next City-data meet up!
I was a member of the Cardinal Club for a couple of years until the food and facilities went down in terms of quality and standards.

I did enjoy being a member but do not miss it as my membership costs (inc subscriptions ) were at least 2 -2.5k a year. I now eat out at different restaurants, get better food and pay less for it. I know of a number of other people who dropped out . The attrition rates were quite high.

When asked most people I spoke to thought the Cardinal Club was 'better' than the Capital City club - I personally don't know the answer

Old 11-20-2008, 06:44 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
^ Thanks for the insight. I'm looking forward to seeing what it is all about. Maybe I can snap a few pictures from the Wachovia building while I'm there!

Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I see one huge difference...
According to the links, the Capital City Club Bar is closed until Spring 2009 for renovations.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,670 times
I don't know much about the differences, but a friend of ours invited us as his guests to a huge wine tasting that the Cardinal Club did when we first moved here. We personally thought it was a great event, at the top of the Wachovia building during a rain storm, drinking some great wines and watching the storms roll in. There was a HUGE wine selection from several different distributors, and the dinner afterwards was not bad at all. We had a great time.

That said, I don't think we would ever join a club like this simply because we have enough social events that we find and coordinate on our own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary