U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,941,367 times

Advertisements

We tried 4 times while we were there to sample some sushi. The 1st time they were out at the buffet, okay, no problem. The 2nd time none yet, okay there were lots of people there and everything went quickly. The 3rd time a very nice employee saw me looking around by the sushi bar, asked if she could help and then got a platter and was about to offer some and the sushi chef said no, it was a special order for a table at the back bar. We went and sat down dissappointed again and after a few minutes decided to give up and leave. As we walked out of the room the sushi chef passed an enormous platter of sushi to a customer to hand over to the guy at the buffet table by the front door. The guy behind the buffet table tried to wave him over to him, but looking innocently at him the customer stood there for a second and then started walking away with it. The buffet attendent started shouting to him, but the guy just headed to the back bar. The attendent went ballistic and then even went after him to bring back the sushi! At that point we said forget it, this is just not worth it. The whole time we were there, around an hour, noone at all the tables in the little room where we sat off the front door ever got to have any sushi.

I realize grand openings can be a zoo and their generosity to provide all that food for free was amazing and nothing I've ever seen done before. Again, the sushi looked very good, I just wish we could have sampled even one piece.

The employees were extremely nice, but there's something about free food being given away that brings out the greed in people. Notice that the next time there's any food being given away at your job. You'd think people hadn't eaten in days the way they nearly jump over each other to get it and even gorge themselves with it. I don't find that experience very pleasant either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 9,111 times
Default TASU now OPEN

I have to say its discouraging to hear someone complain about free food, but I guess its understandable, and we appreciate your input. I had a completely different experience. I live in the area of TASU and have been awaiting its opening. I went for dinner on Friday, and again for the opening. Friday night was extremely busy, and we sat at the bar about 30 mins waiting on our table. Unlike most busy bars, the bartender was more than happy to offer us a menu and suggested her favorites from the sushi list. I did feel the bar was a bit busy, and her help wasn't very "helpful". Nevertheless, we would comeback just to sit at the bar and eat sushi. Its a great atmosphere. Try and get there on a night Tammy is working, she seems to have a grasp on the menu, and is comfortable making suggestions.
Our server once we got to the table (Kevin) wa very pleasant. Our food did take a little longer than expected, but our soup was good while we waited. The sushi is beyond expectation, and our dinners were good also. I was happy to hear they will be adding more items to the menu.

The grand opening seemed to have a huge turnout. The staff were workign very hard, and the management made attempts to speak with the guests.

Overall, its a great addition to Brier Creek.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM

1,354 posts, read 3,972,804 times
Is there a website or online menu by chance>?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 AM

3,451 posts, read 6,374,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
The employees were extremely nice, but there's something about free food being given away that brings out the greed in people. Notice that the next time there's any food being given away at your job. You'd think people hadn't eaten in days the way they nearly jump over each other to get it and even gorge themselves with it. I don't find that experience very pleasant either.
I agree - why do people go so crazy over free food? I remember when we would have free pizza at my old job, guys would walk by my office with 4-6 slices of pizza piled on their plates. And they weren't sharing either! I thought maybe it was because they were mostly young kids right out of college, but I've seen the same behavior in older folks as well! I'd rather pass on free office food than make a spectacle of myself!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 AM

563 posts, read 852,893 times
I have a special occassion planned for this Friday night. I've been a regular of Shiki Sushi and love it. I was wondering if I should stick with Shiki Sushi or chance it out at Tasu. Is Tasu basically the same as Shiki Sushi - menu wise, price wise, taste wise?

Old 01-30-2009, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 9,111 times
TASU and Shiki have the same owner. TASU is a bit smaller, and there are some small differences in the menu, but I prefer it to Shiki. Definitely less crowded, and friendlier staff.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,763 times
Default Would not recommend Tasu

It's obvious this place is very new. While the hosts/greeters were very nice, the wait staff were terrible and service was incredibly slow. We were seated at our table for 30 minutes before they even took our order, and they forgot to bring our appetizers. It was very disorganized. We had to keep asking for basic things like ramekins, soy sauce, enough utensils for everyone, water... they didn't anticipate any of our needs.

We were seated close to the bathroom, and there was a horrible sewage like smell the entire time we were there... there were also extra charges on our bill so watch out for that. The waiter tried to tell me that rice wasn't included in my dinner (a $15 item) but eventually they agreed that the menu does say it's included. They also didn't give me miso soup or salad, staples which are always included in an expensive hibachi dinner.

Their "buy one get one free" sushi deal is a racket. They refuse to split the bill, and we went with several couples. My friend got 2 $14 rolls and someone else at the table got 2 $6 rolls. They give you only the very cheapeast rolls free, so you end up getting stuck paying way more than you thought. It was very difficult for us to split the bill in a group because of this... and they refused to let us break it up... it took us forever to figure out who owed what. It was horrible. Would never recommend. Just go to sushi blues and save yourself a hassle.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:33 PM

221 posts, read 413,155 times
I have been there 3 times now and it was great each time. Great service, friendly staff, great food.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 PM

860 posts, read 1,120,228 times
Funny I was just debating whether to go to tasu or stick to good ol momoyama.

Momoyama won out, didnt feel like trying something new. That place is great!!!!!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:08 PM

2,570 posts, read 4,390,477 times
Go there later in the day on a Friday or Saturday. I went yesterday and it was dead. The place was quite good though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary