Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 04:37 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,282,706 times

Advertisements

We were going to try out our new dining out coupon book today for lunch and happened to call a place listed (including their menu) for directions. Turns out on Satuday's during football season they have a buffet all day/night so we decided to try it. We're not football fans and although they have numerous TV's the big games that drew quite a crowd was the Florida game and also the Harvard game.

Anyway....the food was excellent! Burgers, hot dogs, four varieties of chicken wings, roast beef in juice, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, ceaser salad, fruit and jello and who knows what all else, all for $10.99.

So.......if you're looking for a place during football season or just in general on a Saturday give it a try. Apparently they have the buffet during ACC basketball tourney time.

We went to the one in Morrisville near the airport and got there early afternoon and it was pretty crowded. By the time we left it was standing room only even though they have 4 sections of seating. Apparently during the week they have a lunch buffet too.
index.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 05:01 PM

945 posts, read 1,966,526 times
Thumbs down Mulligans

Nasty.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:14 PM

8 posts, read 23,193 times
Ick. It's a terrible sports bar IMO. Who are you? The owner? Just kidding.

Oh Mulligans is a Penn State/Pittsburgh Steeler bar, even more reason to stay away!

Old 11-22-2008, 05:50 PM

316 posts, read 1,003,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Nasty.
I don't know if it's 'nasty' but I know the one in Wake Forest is not a place I willing go to....most of the bartenders are clueless (one is down-right vapid) and the crowd is...well...yeah....it's there and the food is just 'edible'...nothing to rave about.

Maybe they are trying to improve and this poster is the first to notice?

Old 11-23-2008, 12:36 PM

Well, we ate at the one in Morrisville and were happy there.....

Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,769,642 times
Are people referring to the Mulligan's in Morrisville, or an establishment they visited that they did not like? I doubt Hula was vouching for all of them, just the one in Morrisville. I've never been, so I cannot concur. However, I do know of some chains in the triangle where one is outstanding and another was terribly disgusting. The key is a good manager and staff open to customer input and devoted to service. If the establishment in Morrisville provides that when the others do not, I do not find that as an implausible scenario. It might be worth a look especially if a coupon is involved.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:44 PM

945 posts, read 1,966,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
Are people referring to the Mulligan's in Morrisville, or an establishment they visited that they did not like?

My post was referring to the one in Morrisville. It was horrifyingly dirty and disgusting. I am a neat freak & germaphobe, so it freaked me out.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:13 PM

316 posts, read 1,003,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
Are people referring to the Mulligan's in Morrisville, or an establishment they visited that they did not like? I doubt Hula was vouching for all of them, just the one in Morrisville. I've never been, so I cannot concur. However, I do know of some chains in the triangle where one is outstanding and another was terribly disgusting. The key is a good manager and staff open to customer input and devoted to service. If the establishment in Morrisville provides that when the others do not, I do not find that as an implausible scenario. It might be worth a look especially if a coupon is involved.
They are not a 'chain'...they have two locations with local owners.

The one is Morrisville and the smaller one in Wake Forest. I've only been to one of them, and while I wouldn't call it nasty, none of the other comments that out of line with what I see there.

It's a sport's bar mostly...nothing special that there are not dozens of in the area.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
My post was referring to the one in Morrisville. It was horrifyingly dirty and disgusting. I am a neat freak & germaphobe, so it freaked me out.
Wow! How long ago were you there????? I didn't see anything that you've referred to and I'm definitely always freaked out by that stuff too.

The management was nice as were the wait staff and the place was packed with happy diners...

It's hard to imagine we're talking about the same place??

Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 PM

238 posts, read 667,298 times
I have been there a few times. Great food, drinks, atmosphere. It is good bar food, not a 5 star restaurant. Using the word "horrifyingly" is totally off base IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary