Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times

Advertisements

I lived in the triangle all my life. I remember when Cary Towne Center first opened, we went shopping there on the first day. I think I was like in high school or something, lol. Anyway, growing up, my parents all joked that when we won the lottery, we would move to Cary and buy one of the "big houses". Back then, Cary had the mansion-style houses that Raleigh did not have. Again, back then, Cary was where the people who had money lived.

Anyway, I like Cary because they have Trader Joe's and for that one music venue (forgot the name) that was in prestonwood shopping center. I think they closed. I wouldnt move to Cary because of all the restrictions (ie: number of dogs you can have) I heard about and of the tight HOA restrictions. Its a nice town though! Good for some, not the perfect fit for others.

I did hear they were going to transform Waverly place into the same concept as North Hills. That should be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
I lived in the triangle all my life. I remember when Cary Towne Center first opened, we went shopping there on the first day. I think I was like in high school or something, lol. Anyway, growing up, my parents all joked that when we won the lottery, we would move to Cary and buy one of the "big houses". Back then, Cary had the mansion-style houses that Raleigh did not have. Again, back then, Cary was where the people who had money lived.

Anyway, I like Cary because they have Trader Joe's and for that one music venue (forgot the name) that was in prestonwood shopping center. I think they closed. I wouldnt move to Cary because of all the restrictions (ie: number of dogs you can have) I heard about and of the tight HOA restrictions. Its a nice town though! Good for some, not the perfect fit for others.

I did hear they were going to transform Waverly place into the same concept as North Hills. That should be interesting.
I question the limitation on dogs. I believe that Cary has none, after researching the rumor, and even calling the town. They tried to institute one. It was contested immediately and courts ruled against the ordinance. I agree that the town overstepped reason with the law, and I'm glad that the court was reasonable.

But, it is easy to live in Cary without an HOA. HOA is a choice that homeowners make.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
Cary was not the only one to try limiting pets:
Fuquay Residents Take Stand on Proposed Pet Limit :: WRAL.com

Old 12-18-2008, 08:20 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Apex certainly had no limit on pets...that one dude in downtown Apex had something like 30 sheep living in the first floor of his house!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Apex certainly had no limit on pets...that one dude in downtown Apex had something like 30 sheep living in the first floor of his house!

Didn't they talk about implementing a limit after that? I can't remember if they actually did put it in place.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:11 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post

That's so funny! I don't know if we are different ages, but I have also lived in the triangle (Raleigh) my whole life and we always had the OPPOSITE view of Cary when growing up. I grew up on the Raleigh side of Cary and we acutally used to tease kids in school about Cary kids being rednecks! Not that I am necessarily proud of that, but until about 20 years ago, I never viewed Cary as "money". We viewed Cary as trailer parks!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 PM
.-.

157 posts, read 370,792 times
So glad I hardly need to go there any more. It just seems with all the lights and traffic takes forever. Now I know other places are worse, but in these neck of the woods just seems to be the pits.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 PM
.-.

The funny thing I find is with all Cary's "restrictions" the ugliest things in the town was actually done by the town it self :
What eye sores

Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .-. View Post
The funny thing I find is with all Cary's "restrictions" the ugliest things in the town was actually done by the town it self :

^^ Yeah! Who's bright idea was it to provide water to the citizens! Who needs water pressure anyway!

What a silly thing to do! What's next? Noisy Fire Engines? There goes the neighborhood!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:06 PM
.-.

I traveled all though out Europe and other parts of the world without seeing a water tower. For that matter even in some of the most smallest farming villages never came across a "telephone pole" or over head line. About the only place you see them is out in the country for very high transmission lines.
Glad you can flush your commode -- none the less, damn ugly and that's that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary