U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 AM

13 posts, read 34,769 times
Default Zebulon

Any thoughts or comments on Zebulon? General feelings? Good, bad?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 11:55 AM

134 posts, read 574,772 times
country lol

Old 02-26-2007, 11:56 AM

5,397 posts, read 4,566,415 times
Hello

I've heard that it is very nice. Hubby and I are looking out that way for houses and the market seems reasonable. Search the threads and you will find prior posts about Zebulon.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:35 PM

137 posts, read 414,654 times
Zebulon is going to be on the edge of a lot of growth and development planned for eastern Wake County over the next 5 to 10 years. There's a Super Wal-Mart going in on the east edge of town by Five County Stadium, and supposedly there is planned development in the same area for about 1000 homes or so. It won't be as explosive as what's expected to happen in Knightdale and Wendell, but it's expected to be a growing area, nonetheless.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 PM

13 posts, read 34,769 times
thanks everyone!

magicmk, a walmart? know anything else? we are looking at one neighborhood and would like to know as much as we can from a local stand point. you said exactly what we were thinking about the growth. any other pointers? we have torn apart the city website and chamber of commerce site as well.

thanks again!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:56 PM

That info actually comes from people I work with who are longtime Zebulon residents ("Zebulonian", as my boss like to refer to himself... lol). I'm not really sure where to point you as far as information on future development and things of local interest. I've only really gotten to know a few things about the area since I started working in Wendell a couple of months ago, but I can ask around when I get a chance. What area or neighborhood are you specifically interested in? There's a lot of realtors here who monitor discussion on this board, a couple of them might be of some help as well.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 PM

5,397 posts, read 4,566,415 times
I have yet to travel out to Zebulon, but plan on it this weekend to look at a few houses. I'm not sure, but from what I can tell from the town web site it looks very small. With the growth in Raleigh it looks like a good place to buy a house or build. Home Gain has some houses from the Zebulon area, including some new ones. We have visited friends in Middlesex (8 miles to the east of Zebulon) and it is pure country. Most of these little towns don't have much in the way of local shopping, but with Raleigh that close it would not be a problem for a little piece of heaven.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:27 PM

Zebulon is poised to see some growth, but I don't think it's going to be at the same rate expected to happen in Knightdale and Wendell. Zebulon is definitely within commuting distance of Raleigh, but it's still a good 25-30 minutes to downtown via the new 64 Bypass. Most of the major retail development has been centered around Knightdale for eastern Wake County so far. I'm willing to guess that if you are seeking an area with a small town pace that's not going to change too dramatically in the next 10 years, Zebulon wouldn't be a bad choice.

I don't know what sort of info there is about Zebulon on the web, everything I've heard so far has been word of mouth here... the Eastern Wake News is a weekly news publication that probably does the best job on keeping up on current events in the area though. www.easternwakenews.com

Old 06-05-2007, 05:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,607 times
Default zebulon

I have lived in Zebulon since 1992 and there is a lot of growth expected here, which is am so glad! Rumor has it that within 5 yrs., Zebulon will be the size of Wake Forest. I have heard that Cracker Barrel, Kohl's shopping center, Golden Corral and Wendy's were coming and more. There are several new banks going up right now. It is suppose to boom around here.

It gets very old to have to drive to Raleigh or Wilson to go to a super walmart or basically any other stores other than the few that we have here. Especially with the price of gas right now.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 AM

129 posts, read 401,181 times
Zebulon is rural, but the new 64 bypass is making Zebulon more appealing. I have been in several new homes that have been built and you get so much for your $$. Acre lot, all brick, custom built, etc.

A good friend of mine has property near Billy Hopkins Rd and is telling me there is a site being looked at for a new school. She has been approached to sell her acreage to developers on many occasions, because of its location to the possible new school. So it appears it is getting ready to expand like so many other areas are in Wake County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary