Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:28 PM

34 posts, read 93,996 times

Advertisements

Oh, it's all about ACC teams there. I doubt many folks even know what a Duck or Husky is. They are a bit more serious about their college sports than we are here... even compared to the Husky Fans. But we left coasters can get together and watch Pac 10. And complain about the heat and drink ice tea.

Good luck![/quote]

Hopefully by June you will have another DUCK fan to watch Pac 10 Football or basketball with. We moved from the Eugene area to the Atlanta area just over 3 years ago and now are trying to move to NC once we can get our house sold here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 03:33 PM

29 posts, read 96,135 times
I thank you all for your input! It looks like our mind was really already made up before this post, and you all enforced positive feelings. Any negative will be found anywhere, we just have to make sure that we are ok with those things.

As for the Ducks, well we will have to stay up late one night to watch it live

How is the traffic? anything close to I-5? hwy 26? I-205?
(I hope not )

It's all looking good!!

Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM

34 posts, read 93,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid View Post
I thank you all for your input! It looks like our mind was really already made up before this post, and you all enforced positive feelings. Any negative will be found anywhere, we just have to make sure that we are ok with those things.

As for the Ducks, well we will have to stay up late one night to watch it live

How is the traffic? anything close to I-5? hwy 26? I-205?
(I hope not )

It's all looking good!!
We try as hard as we can to stay up and watch our ducks, but unfortunately its usually 10:30 at night EST by the time the game starts. Plus you have to make sure you pay for all the premium sports channels too. I personally don't. So I can only catch a game when they play a top rated team. You can always pay for the U of O website and watch. That is another option. I usually just call my mother in law the next day and ask her.

As far as traffic. We don't know too much yet about that. Bt we were on I think it was I-70 on a Friday afternoon around 5pm while we were visiting and it was really nothing. Of course I am now comparing that to Atlanta traffic.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:40 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,740,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiared View Post
Hopefully by June you will have another DUCK fan to watch Pac 10 Football or basketball with. We moved from the Eugene area to the Atlanta area just over 3 years ago and now are trying to move to NC once we can get our house sold here.
GO DUCKS! Good to know others in the Triangle will recognize the Fighting Duck on the back of my car!

Funny thing happened this past summer. I was in Sneads Ferry NC (small coastal town) visiting a friend and we were at her son's baseball game. The Third Base Coach had a UofO Duck Shirt on. I started singing the UofO Fight Song and he looked at me like how in the world did I know that. Turns out he was a Duck alum too. We Ducks are everywhere.

BTW, Tigerlily, we'll invite you to our Pac 10 parties even though you'll be wearing orange and black. LOL

Oh, and Splendid, in terms of traffic... some people say traffic in the Triangle is bad. But to be honest the times I was there and searched out rush hour traffic it was nothing like I-5 or hwy 26. It seemed to move (slowly) but not inching and then stopping like 5 or 26. But generally if the roads are wet then you can count on an accident and then you are sitting on the freeway. Kind of like the first fall rains here in Sept.

We have a friend who currently lives in Raleigh and use to live in Portland and he has confirmed my above comparison. The only problem I see is that Portland and Vancouver has a much more extensive mass transient and The Triangle is years behind on this. So in coming years, the traffic there will probably get much worse.

Good luck to all you Northwesterners and safe travels!!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,239,503 times
How did all youl Ducks like the Civil War Game? LOL Actually, I'm only interested in football because of my DH's family. I'm a track fan myself. They all graduated from OSU. My brother in law and his friends were the one with the blimp at the games in past years. The best though was when the Beavs beat Notre Dame. My family on the East Coast are all Notre Dame fans. It was great.

Regarding traffic congestion in Raleigh, it's no worse than Portland maybe better. We were there for a week end of October and the only traffic we encountered, and it was during rush hour, was coming from Chapel Hill back into Raleigh.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:27 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,740,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I'm a track fan myself.
Ok Tigerlily, if you are a track fan how can you not be a Duck fan?

My sister who went to Carolina thought I was nuts raving about the track meets at Hayward Field. She just didn't get it... she keep saying but the "Ducks $uck at basketball". (This was back when Carolina's team was in the top 10 & the Ducks were in the bottom 10 for bball. LOL)

Everytime I see that OPB special about Bill Bowerman I get a tear in my eye. He was an amazing person. Track meets at Hayward Field just seem electric!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary