Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,274 times

Advertisements

Cary Police Start ‘Operation Hello Neighbor’ To Prevent Burglaries - Wake County - MyNC.com

From a Cary police Lieutenant "...we are finding that very preventable crimes related to open garages and unlocked automobile doors are increasing.”
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,274 times
Just taking a page from our favorite northerner's book on this one

Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 AM

1,955 posts, read 5,266,641 times
I guess Cary residents are finding out that more goes on in this world than shopping and yard maintenance.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
I guess Cary residents are finding out that more goes on in this world than shopping and yard maintenance.
Don't the HOA rules prohibit crime?

Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Crime tends to spike during bad economic times, and we haven't even begun the "party" yet.

But wait, I forgot: the triangle is relatively immune from these sort of pesky problems. These news stories must be just a figment of my imagination.

But seriously, if I were a burglar (a more clever one), I'd stake out places where people are more complacent and have more goodies. Cary, Brier Creek area, Wakefield, etc.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:28 AM

447 posts, read 1,718,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Don't the HOA rules prohibit crime?
No, they only prohibit flags, if they are greater than 100sqcm in size, depicting scenes of criminal activity. Most HOA rules allow crime as the HOA is there to rob you of money and freedom.

Ok seriously, Good job Cary!.. no wait that was for yesterdays lowest crime post.

My only comment is, this is a program other places should use and that crime must actually be low if they can spare the officers to do this across the whole city... err town. They should call this Operation Common Sense.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckreis View Post
No, they only prohibit flags, if they are greater than 100sqcm in size, depicting scenes of criminal activity. Most HOA rules allow crime as the HOA is there to rob you of money and freedom.

Ok seriously, Good job Cary!.. no wait that was for yesterdays lowest crime post.

My only comment is, this is a program other places should use and that crime must actually be low if they can spare the officers to do this across the whole city... err town. They should call this Operation Common Sense.
It's old news, but something to troll since ExitMaNow gets under folks' skin with the neverending boosterism.

We see just about the same news yearly.
And I saw it first 10 or 11 years ago, with crimes of opportunity being addressed.
Leave your garage open, lose some beer and Pings... It happens. And, yes, it happens more often when times are tougher.

Move on folks, nothing more to see here....

Old 12-04-2008, 09:54 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,948,486 times
All should be aware, no matter what town/city you live in...crime can and does happen all over, no area is immune. just my $0.02

Happy Thursday and close your garage door{s} and lock your car{s}!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
All should be aware, no matter what town/city you live in...crime can and does happen all over, no area is immune. just my $0.02

Happy Thursday and close your garage door{s} and lock your car{s}!
Good point. A couple of bodyguards are always a good idea. I highly recommend two named Smith and Wesson. You don't need to feed them, they work on minimal salary and upkeep, and are there with you all the time.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:04 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,695,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It's old news, but something to troll since ExitMaNow gets under folks' skin with the neverending boosterism.

We see just about the same news yearly.
And I saw it first 10 or 11 years ago, with crimes of opportunity being addressed.
Leave your garage open, lose some beer and Pings... It happens. And, yes, it happens more often when times are tougher.

Move on folks, nothing more to see here....
You've got to love how some of these posters can find a way to make their talking points 'fit' any topic.

ETA: I'm surprised the word 'yuppy' hasn't made it into the thread (yet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary