Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 PM

150 posts, read 506,991 times

Advertisements

Wow Kellycrash and skaternum,

Your experiences sound pretty awful, and I would feel the same as you do. I was just about to say how great Autopark Honda in Cary was when I read your posts. I have actually had the best service there. They called me before doing anything differently then as outlined on the initial service request. I thought they were very thorough and very reasonable. I'll bet it's just another one of those things where some people end up with horrid service and others get excellent service, and you never really know what you are going to get. I have had horrible, horrible experiences with TWC, but others think that they are fantastic. I guess sometimes it is the luck of the draw, which just sucks!
We moved to Durham, and Autopark is 30 minutes away, but I have continued to go to them (granted I have only been there 3 times or so) for minimal service. I was actually going to chime in and ask as well because I am wary of changing to another dealer that I don't have any experience with, given how great Autopark has been.

Autopark does the online scheduling as well, where you see the availability, choose your appointment and services needed and are confirmed with a specific service person. They called and confirmed my appointment.

Anyhow, best of luck to all of you who have had bad experiences with these dealers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 PM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Home

Wasp Automotive in Durham, NC. This is a wonderful place.
I am sitting in WASP right now as I type this... and I would highly recommend them. They are excellent!

Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 PM

920 posts, read 2,813,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fester600 View Post
I am sitting in WASP right now as I type this... and I would highly recommend them. They are excellent!
Ooooh... they have free wifi?

Old 12-04-2008, 02:03 PM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncat View Post
Ooooh... they have free wifi?
Yes, they have free WiFi (and two free mac computers you can play around on if you did not bring your laptop... and free coffee, tea, soda (no free snacks though )

They are not a dealer though, back to the original poster... sorry for taking off topic, but I would probably recommend a local mechanic versus a dealer anyway.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
Leith Honda in Raleigh (off Capital by Triangle Town Center) is horrible. It overcharges on every part and labor and every time I've had to deal with it I get fed loads of BS. Crown in Durham is a much better experience, but unless you need warranty work, I would recommend a local garage with lower labor costs.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,326 times
Crown Honda at Southpoint was always pretty reasonable and honest with me... But I ended up having so many problems with my Civic, I ditched it. I know, they're supposed to be super reliable. I must've gotten one that was made at about 4:55pm on a Friday.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:08 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
I've been ok with Crown Honda when we take our CRV in. I only bring it there as it's new and under warranty. I bring my Toyota to Tao Auto(They also do Honda) and have been pretty satisfied with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary