Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 7,980 times

Advertisements

What can a 38 year old black female do for fun in the Triangle area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 AM

451 posts, read 1,649,506 times
Walks, hikes, bike rides through Umstead park.

Shopping - Southpoint in Durham seems popular, but I've never been there.

Eating - try all the local BBQ.

Ton's of opportunities for plays, concerts, etc. The "Divine Performing Arts" at the Durham Performing Arts Center on Dec 28th looks really cool. Cary has an outdoor amphitheater that attracts some cool shows.

Learn how to rock climb or kayak, get involved in local theater.

There are a ton of local clubs: There is a local Sierra Club in Raleigh. I see adds for female republican clubs in the Cary paper.

Sit in front of your computer, log into this forum, and make derogatory comments about all the "Yankees" moving here. We must have enough for a baseball team by now.

But I'm just a 30's white dude, what do I know.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:23 AM

49 posts, read 231,399 times
Meetup!

UrbanTriangle

Old 12-10-2008, 08:41 AM

836 posts, read 3,461,363 times
I am confused, are you looking for specific "black related" activities, or just fun things to do in general. If the latter, Bilrubin has listed some good ones, or a quick "things to do" search on this forum would produce tons of results. Or you could pick up an Independant, which is published weekly and includes tons of listings, ads and calendars of things to do, both inside and outdoors.

I know there are tons of people from all races on this forum (although many posters give no clues to age, sex, race..so who knows...we are all judged here only by the tenor of our posts!) But maybe you will get more specific responses from others, if the former was what you were asking.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,428,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgraham26 View Post
What can a 38 year old black female do for fun in the Triangle area?
What does ones race have to do with fun things to do in the triangle?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:19 PM

945 posts, read 1,967,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
What does ones race have to do with fun things to do in the triangle?

That is what I was thinking.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,086 times
hello eny nice woman there

Old 12-11-2008, 05:30 AM

451 posts, read 1,649,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marke5 View Post
It depends on your definition of "nice". If you mean sweet, lovely, and kind, then yes. If you mean ones that would date you, then no.

I haven't finished my hot cocoa yet, so I'm not sure if I'm just kidding or not. If it was a serious question, then I'm just kidding, of course. Maybe.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:38 AM

3,500 posts, read 6,141,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marke5 View Post
Yes, but we prefer gentlemen who can spell and use punctuation. Also, we prefer it when their knuckles do not bear scars from having been dragged on the ground.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:02 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,428,313 times
You know, I shudder to think what would have happened if I posted the thread saying "white" instead of "black" female.

I just don't understand why if matters... I really thought our society was beyond this....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary