Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM

5 posts, read 14,237 times

Advertisements

I live in Sunset Ridge and like both neighborhoods. Sunset Oaks is more affordable. The pools, which include 2 different water parks and a 3rd junior olympic size pool by the golf course are amazing. Cost is not that much more than the other neighborhoods mentioned. $675 per year to swim and don't forget that includes the tennis club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 03:13 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
Holly Glen is getting one of the new "super pools" like Sunset. Should be open for next summer.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:31 PM

13 posts, read 53,729 times
Default Holly Glen too close to Nuclear Reactor??

How much of a concern do people have with the neighborhood being near the Nuclear Plant??

Old 07-02-2008, 02:46 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamergirl View Post
How much of a concern do people have with the neighborhood being near the Nuclear Plant??
If the reactor goes, it won't matter what part of Holly Springs (or Apex, or Cary, etc.), you live in. Here is one of several threads regarding the power plant (you can do a forum search to find the rest):

Shearon Harris

Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 PM

36 posts, read 153,236 times
Default Holly Pointe

If you can afford 300k you should check out the new homes @ Holly Pointe... next door to Holly Glen.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,203 times
I actually live near the plant and I have never had any worries. I have been to their visitor's center and had all of my questions answered.

What seems interesting to me is that the people that work at the plant probably do not live 200 miles away from the plant. The people who work in maintenance and engineering and down to the janitors probably live in this area. So if they believe that the plant is safe and their families live here too, then to me there should not be any worries.

Plus the area that Progress Energy owns is pretty nice. You can fish on the lake, you can go to the Harris Lake County Park and walk on trials or go onto the mountain bike trials, they even have a Frisbee golf course.

I even asked the question if there was any three-eyed fish out on the lake and they said that they have an environmental crew that checks the lake for any environmental impacts and there has not been impacts since the life of the plant.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:05 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
Harris Lake park is really nice. We go there a lot to walk on the trails and there's a very nice playground too. Hubby takes our kids fishing off the pier sometimes. Nice place, very peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary