Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:35 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
And...shall we stand up and applaud?

Ok...so now that we know you don't take antibiotics because your body heals itself...have you ever broken a bone in your body? Because, you know, that will heal itself, as well. Of course, if your finger is broken and points in the opposite direction, you'll just have something to talk about!

Vicki
A broken finger and running to the doctor for a bag of magic pills because you got a stuffy nose is not comparing apples to apples. Come on now. Of course I would go see doctor if I broke my finger. As for anti-biotics, I'm serious, I've never taken them. I'm also over the age of 40 and never had a single cavity either. I've only taken a prescription medication twice in my entire life. Why? Because I stay healthy, eat right, exercise and if I do get sick, I let my body do what it does best.......heal and mend itself.

Did you know that over 75% of all anti-biotic prescription medication written in this country did not need to be prescribed? Doctors do it because they are pressured by their patients. Most of the time, you are tearing down your own system taking those things and you don't even have an infection that they would work on in the first place. But hey, if it helps you feel all fuzzy inside and sleep better knowing your are taking your magic pills, then do so. Just be sure and eat lots of yogurt for about 2 weeks after you are done to rebuild you natural good digestive bacteria. If you don't, you will begin to acquire fungal infections including yeast. Not pretty! Then you will have to take diflucan an anti-fungal and that messes up your liver. So have fun! Meanwhile, I keep myself healthy and out of the doctor's office.

Back to my super-hero stories.....There was time I sliced my leg open while using a chainsaw. I was 19 and in the woods alone. I had my fishing takcle box in my truck. I used a needle and fishing line and sewed up my own leg. About 30 stiches. It was either that or bleed to death. I drove home, turned green and passed out. My sister called the ambulance and when I got the ER, the doctor was so impressed with my stitch-up job, he offered my a job working in the ER. He was Joking of course.. True story. Of course they had to take mine out and redo it. The doctor prescribed me anti-biotics, but I never got the prescription filled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:30 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,637,254 times
Thanks to whomever mentioned Access Healthcare. I have health insurance, my mom does not and we both have some nasty flu/infection. Went to Access Healthcare today-- 90.00 for the two of us. They gave my mom samples and wrote generic prescriptions. Awesome.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:54 PM

850 posts, read 4,740,207 times
That was me...funny you were there today, I was too! Can't beat the price huh? There are some things in the office that bug me, but I love the nurse practitioners, so it's totally worth it. And even if you have insurance, it's cheaper than some co-pays!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:27 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,159,963 times
We highly recommend North Raleigh Medical Center on Falls. Combination family practice and urgent care.

Two great MD's run it - Drs. Vincent and Michelle Nacouzi.

Great medical care.

Take their time with you for physicals, etc.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,053,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
Thanks to whomever mentioned Access Healthcare. I have health insurance, my mom does not and we both have some nasty flu/infection. Went to Access Healthcare today-- 90.00 for the two of us. They gave my mom samples and wrote generic prescriptions. Awesome.
I just found their website. They also have a payment plan for routine things. http://prosites-bforrest.homestead.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary