U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-16-2008, 04:20 PM

2,245 posts, read 5,692,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrcarlbe View Post
J_Lurk do you think the Apex or Wake Forest area would feel too far away from everything (too much like a Forest Lake or Chanhassen)? Looking on-line it you seem to get more house/yard for the $$...A nice house would be great, but we still want to be able to enjoy the area.
Thanks for the ideas thus far!
My hesitation with those areas is mostly related to the running! There just is not a well-developed network of trails in Wake Forest. I did originally think about recommending some of the areas in far North Raleigh or Southern Wake Forest because they do have the lot size, especially if they are in the Falls Lake protected area, and I think they have a lot of the look and feel you may want, but other than perhaps doing cross-country type running around Falls Lake I don't know of good running opportunity around there.

Apex has a lot of new construction. It's still a reasonable distance from anything, but also doesn't have as much for running unless you can get close to the American Tobacco Trail or to one of the big parks like Crowder. To me the feel is kind of like Burnsville. Most of the restaurants are going to be chains, except that there is a very cute very small downtown a bit like Red Wing.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 04:32 PM

19,205 posts, read 29,508,776 times
If suitable housing is located nearby, Apex Community Park (http://www.apexnc.org/depts/parks/facilities/commPark.cfm - broken link) has a paved trail around the lake, and is easily accessible from the Cary side, too.
The surrounding neighborhoods are a real combination of smaller lots, or higher price, but it is not impossible.
Nothing really fronts right on the lake, though some homes are very close through the woods, and have some waterview.

This is a popular park.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary