U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 PM

796 posts, read 1,851,817 times

Advertisements

I usually avoid the grocery stores because they always sell the stamps by the book and I hardly ever mail anything. The postal rates would most surely go up before I could ever use them all! I like to go to the little shipping store and they sell them loose. They're above face value, but I really don't mind paying extra to avoid going to the p.o. Also, some gas stations or convenience stores may carry them. One near me has a little vending machine.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 12:43 PM

2,151 posts, read 3,222,008 times
Harris Teeters carry them, but they charge a small service fee.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:18 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,235,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Harris Teeters carry them, but they charge a small service fee.
And I flipped after I checked my receipt Normally I like HT but grrr..

I believe they are the only supermarket charging a fee. I've bought them at other supermarkets and didn't notice a fee.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 PM

4,593 posts, read 7,485,253 times
My old bank BBT used to dispense the sheets right along with your cash at the ATM. I liked that because it was so easy and fit in my wallet
with my bills. Wish State Employees Credit Union would do that.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:01 PM

2,602 posts, read 3,914,369 times
When you purchase postage stamps, get the ones that don't expire. You can order them from the post office online. Once you have them, even if rates go up (and they will), YOU won't have to pay more as long as you use those stamps you purchased. It's a way to 'lock in' the postage rate. I purchased enough to last myself 3 years (since I rarely mail anything anymore).

Old 12-18-2008, 03:27 PM

8,672 posts, read 15,996,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
When you purchase postage stamps, get the ones that don't expire. You can order them from the post office online. Once you have them, even if rates go up (and they will), YOU won't have to pay more as long as you use those stamps you purchased. It's a way to 'lock in' the postage rate. I purchased enough to last myself 3 years (since I rarely mail anything anymore).
They are called "Forever Stamps" and will be valid for a one ounce first class letter forever.

No stamps expire. They are always good for the amount of postage printed on them.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:35 PM

2,602 posts, read 3,914,369 times
Yes "forever stamps." Those are the ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary