Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 PM

249 posts, read 691,891 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Walgreens at the corner of Holly Springs road and Sunset Lake Road in Holly Springs? We moved in HS in August and they were about done with constructions. It is now almost 4 months later and the outside is completely done, but they never bothered to work on the inside. Did they just decide not to open?

I really do not care that much since we have a CVS right across the street. I just thought it was strange that they would go so far in construction and then stop at the last minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 01:24 PM

294 posts, read 829,183 times
The building is actually up for sale. really burns me. I moved out to HS about 10 years ago because of the quaint, rural feel. now I have strip malls being built everywhere while most area strip malls are at 50% occupancy. Grrr....

LoopNet - Walgreens, Free Standing Bldg, 9801 Holly Springs Rd, Holly Springs, NC

Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM

850 posts, read 4,739,972 times
So they built it, put the sign up and everything and now aren't going to open???

On another related note, I just saw they put up a sign for another CVS where Harris Teeter is going off of 55 bypass.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:39 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,616,982 times
We have the same exact thing going on with a Walgreens here where I live in Roanoke Va. that company must be having some issues. The whole outer part of the building is done but the inside is empty lol. Btw is that Harris Teeter you're talking about near completetion? I ask because I may be relocateing there to take a job with HT. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytarheelz View Post
So they built it, put the sign up and everything and now aren't going to open???

On another related note, I just saw they put up a sign for another CVS where Harris Teeter is going off of 55 bypass.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:50 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,501 times
Wow. That is so weird. I thought it was an odd location for a Walgreens considering there is one at Ten Ten & Kildaire Farm & another one at Holly Springs Rd. & Main Street in H.S. I frequent the first one I mentioned. I like shopping at Walgreens because you don't need a flippin' card. CVS with their card and cash register coupons I never can use or remember to use annoys me.

I guess circumstances changed for whoever built it. How does that work anyway? A local investor built it and is now selling it?

Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 PM

850 posts, read 4,739,972 times
Nope, that Harris Teeter isn't even close to being done. I don't know what happened, but they ran into some kind of delay. They haven't even begun construction yet. The only brick I see up yet is for CVS. The sign says 2009, I'm guessing it's late 2009!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
Walgreens management must be smoking the little funny ones.

On Capital Blvd, there's been a 24 hour CVS for years. A 24 hour Walgreens just opened directly across from it in the former location of Vincent's Pizza.

Bad enough two big pharmacies across from each other, but two 24 hour ones. What are these idiots thinking? How much business in the wee hours justifies splitting it between two stores.

On Capital at New Hope rd, the previous Hardees and laundry were torn down many months ago with a sign announcing a new Rite-Aid coming. No construction has been done.

All I can think is that the Feds cracked down on the illicit drugs being used at the corporate HQs of these firms, and they came to their senses.

Just how many drug stores are needed anyway?

Old 12-18-2008, 02:43 PM

515 posts, read 1,716,418 times
Quote:
Nope, that Harris Teeter isn't even close to being done. I don't know what happened, but they ran into some kind of delay. They haven't even begun construction yet. The only brick I see up yet is for CVS. The sign says 2009, I'm guessing it's late 2009!
They discovered a natural pond on the prooperty and had to re-configure the entire site paln. They are preparing the site now and shouild begin construction soon. The CVS has already started construction.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:12 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Walgreens management must be smoking the little funny ones.

On Capital Blvd, there's been a 24 hour CVS for years. A 24 hour Walgreens just opened directly across from it in the former location of Vincent's Pizza.

Bad enough two big pharmacies across from each other, but two 24 hour ones. What are these idiots thinking? How much business in the wee hours justifies splitting it between two stores.

On Capital at New Hope rd, the previous Hardees and laundry were torn down many months ago with a sign announcing a new Rite-Aid coming. No construction has been done.

All I can think is that the Feds cracked down on the illicit drugs being used at the corporate HQs of these firms, and they came to their senses.

Just how many drug stores are needed anyway?
This is normal in many other states. It's the strategy of both to open close and compete, especially Walgreens.

Walgreens also doesn't own many of their stores. They will get another firm to build it they way they want and lease it.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:31 AM

305 posts, read 713,529 times
Quote:
I'm starting to wonder the same thing about the Morrisville Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary