Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 03:55 PM

419 posts, read 1,397,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I got one a couple months ago. Also my first moving violation ever in 40+ years of driving.

1. Get a traffic attorney, absolutely.
2. Attorney will plead a PFJ, which yes, you DO want.
3. Attorney may have you proactively do 15 hrs of community service for any nonprofit (mine suggested this, which I did).
4. Attorney *knows* which judges are more inclined to accept a PFJ + community service + paying fee = zero points on your record and zero pts on insurance record so they will continue your case until they can get a hearing in front of one of those judges.
5. Attorney will fully represent you--you will not have to go to court at all.

For me it was the right way to go since I had no idea that there were suggested ways to deal with this very issue. If you want the name of the attorney that was recommended to me and who I used, send me a PM.

I hired an attorney to represent me and he failed to show up for my court date. Six months later I almost lost my license. I'll never go that route again. If your goal is to get a prayer for judgement, do it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 04:05 PM

66 posts, read 263,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giffman View Post
I hired an attorney to represent me and he failed to show up for my court date. Six months later I almost lost my license. I'll never go that route again. If your goal is to get a prayer for judgement, do it yourself.
Where's the rest of this story? Did you not call or hear anything for six months?

Old 12-20-2008, 04:12 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvascellaro View Post
I was just cited for doing 34 in a school zone of 25. Will this affect my insurance rates? If I go to court can I have that expunged from my record? It is my FIRST ticket after 45 years of driving. I'm with GEICO
FIRST let me say DON"T LAUGH if you haven't tried it ! All you need to do ( your self by the way ) is at your arreignment, DEMAND that a "VERIFIED COMPLAINT " be filed on the Notice to Appear. This is your Constitutional Right , and in this case they can't give you one so the Judge will have to dismiss the action . need more info DM me.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
FIRST let me say DON"T LAUGH if you haven't tried it ! All you need to do ( your self by the way ) is at your arreignment, DEMAND that a "VERIFIED COMPLAINT " be filed on the Notice to Appear. This is your Constitutional Right , and in this case they can't give you one so the Judge will have to dismiss the action . need more info DM me.

First, I would advise against taking legal advice from anyone that can't spell arraignment.

Second, this is potentially the stupidest thing I have ever read. There is no separate arraignment hearing for a minor traffic charge and there is no such requirement of any "verified complaint". Just asinine, really.

What is even more disturbing about it is that you would post it on a message board, where someone might be dumb enough to take your advice and try it, and wind up looking like an absolute fool in a courtroom full of people.

Some of the posts on this board could be used to refute Darwinism.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM

16,666 posts, read 17,430,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvascellaro View Post
I was just cited for doing 34 in a school zone of 25. Will this affect my insurance rates? If I go to court can I have that expunged from my record? It is my FIRST ticket after 45 years of driving. I'm with GEICO
You are a naughty naughty person.

How many times in your 45 years of driving did you get away with your bad attitude?

Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbridgman View Post
First, I would advise against taking legal advice from anyone that can't spell arraignment.

Second, this is potentially the stupidest thing I have ever read. There is no separate arraignment hearing for a minor traffic charge and there is no such requirement of any "verified complaint". Just asinine, really.

What is even more disturbing about it is that you would post it on a message board, where someone might be dumb enough to take your advice and try it, and wind up looking like an absolute fool in a courtroom full of people.

Some of the posts on this board could be used to refute Darwinism.
Guess you have never made a spelling mistake. and as for no arraignment hearing ??? Really do 'YOU " know what your rights are ? Maybe your an attorney ? as i said you want proof Dm me. The only fools in the court room are the ones that don't know what their constitutional rights are or the ones that really think a lawyer is there for them . 3 1/2 year Pro per against a So. California City in a Title 42, 1983 suit ( In case you don't know thats for violating you rights to a due process hearing , the one you say you never heard of ? )and i did win !. Believe me I did not act as a fool in the court room either. You would probably say that you can't beat a Traffic ticket for doing 105 mph on the interstate cought on rader . As is said before Dm me will show the proof that this works to anyone that wants. although limited , there is some real advice given on this site mixed in with all the garbage.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Guess you have never made a spelling mistake. and as for no arraignment hearing ??? Really do 'YOU " know what your rights are ? Maybe your an attorney ? as i said you want proof Dm me. The only fools in the court room are the ones that don't know what their constitutional rights are or the ones that really think a lawyer is there for them . 3 1/2 year Pro per against a So. California City in a Title 42, 1983 suit ( In case you don't know thats for violating you rights to a due process hearing , the one you say you never heard of ? )and i did win !. Believe me I did not act as a fool in the court room either. You would probably say that you can't beat a Traffic ticket for doing 105 mph on the interstate cought on rader . As is said before Dm me will show the proof that this works to anyone that wants. although limited , there is some real advice given on this site mixed in with all the garbage.

Post it publicly if it is such great information. And explain further how being involved in a section 1983 civil case in California makes you an expert on North Carolina traffic law. You are a friggin' idiot. And yes, I am an attorney.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:18 PM

18,071 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giffman View Post
That sucks. I'm one of those "potential P.I.A." clients because I follow-up to make sure things are proceeding as they should. I follow my case through the Wake County court website (I've been continued once already), and though my attorney & his staff are not the most communicative (in fact I have never heard from them since I signed the paperwork), I pick up the phone to call them when I deem necessary. Since it's my butt on the line I feel that's the right thing to do.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:40 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,419 times
I'm not saying people should speed in school zones and I certainly don't BUT... I must say, every time I'm crawling along in one of the three school zones I pass on my way to work, I'm always struck by the fact that I don't think I've ever once actually seen a student. I don't think kids walk to school. There sure is a line about 40 mini vans long going into Durant Road Elementary every morning though.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:50 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,419 times
Default ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbridgman View Post
And yes, I am an attorney.
Unfortunately, David's posts cause this error message on my computer:

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to davidbridgman again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary