U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,496 times
Default Austin Creek developer

Hi, does anyone know the name of the developer for Austin Creek Subdivision in Wake Forest, NC? We are looking at the development and are aware of Beazer being one of the builders. Currently they own 50 lots out of 111. We are trying to find out who owns the other lots (developer) b/c we want to make sure quality homes will be surrounding and that the development will be completed at some point. With the market not being very good for the seller/builder we want to be certain that the developer is reputable and the remaining land and lots will not be foreclosed.

Any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

~Jenn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 12:13 AM

1,032 posts, read 2,245,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Knightdale is not good, at least not now. As I have posted before, I suspect that all the Wake Forest Knightsdale assignments will re-assign to Heritage HS when that opens in 2009. I wonder how many of the kids living up here now actually attend Knightsdale, or if they just tossed all the new developments into that school, thinking there would be few high schoolers attending.
We are buying a Drees at Bowling Green- among other things, we preferred the layout. (We did not want the guest bedroom with full bath to be right inside the foyer which is common on their floorplans. ) Teh people we have met seem really nice. We close at the end of this month.
Austin Creek? The models just went up, I don't think anyone lives there yet. Did you look at Bishops Grant? It is north of Bowling Green, on 98, west of Austin Creek. They have some nice lots. We liked the hilliness of Bowling Green- there are killer sunsets all over!
There is still a very good chance Heritage High will open as a swing space in 2009 for Wake Forest Rolesville HS Students (10-12 - the 9th graders will remain at Dubois). The school is due for major renovations, so temporarily housing WFR students at HHS would expedite the renovations.

If this happens (and I think it will, pending final approval from the school board) - Heritage High will officially open for business in 2010 with 9th and 10th graders. The next year : 9,10 and 11. The following year, 9,10,11 and 12.

Regardless, It will be very interesting to see what happens with pupil assignment once Heritage High is operating at full capacity. Very interesting.

Knightdale High School - search here :
WCPSS: Demographics Resource Center
at the bottom are sections : students/schools, socioeconomic diversity, growth issues and enrollment predictions - etc. Its a nifty little site !!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:53 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,633,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETELLI View Post
Hi, does anyone know the name of the developer for Austin Creek Subdivision in Wake Forest, NC? We are looking at the development and are aware of Beazer being one of the builders. Currently they own 50 lots out of 111. We are trying to find out who owns the other lots (developer) b/c we want to make sure quality homes will be surrounding and that the development will be completed at some point. With the market not being very good for the seller/builder we want to be certain that the developer is reputable and the remaining land and lots will not be foreclosed.

Any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

~Jenn

I think the whole subdivision is owned by Beazer. There are no absolutes in construction or development however. They could sell things off at any time.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 AM

19 posts, read 46,129 times
letelli and coltank, I am also interested in knowing which other builders will be coming to austin creek as well. I was told by the sales rep other builders will be coming, but what I read from wakeforest gazzette was that this subdivision will be developed by beazer homes.
I hope others have more information for us.
In my opinion the lots are quite small for the prices the houses are been sold for.Maybe another 50k off the listing prices woud be perfect to compensate for the small lot. Considering you will make upgrades no matter how fantastic the prices may look now.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:40 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,633,587 times
I believe that Beazer is the owner of the development, so unless they sell off, go bankrupt, or get bought out, they will be the only builder there. Now, if you think you need another 50k off, you could always put in an offer. If another builder was to start building there, I can almost guarantee the homes would cost more than what Beazer is charging.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:30 PM

I drove through the neighborhood a few weeks ago.. not a whole lot of activity. Yes, the lots are sale but not unlike other subdivisions in the area. It does have the cookie-cutter thing feel to it.. the area has only a few trees.. either clear cut or previous pasture...

Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 PM

45 posts, read 94,841 times
Before purchasing in Bowling Green, check out the neighborhood really good across the main roadway (Jones Dairey Rd.) and near the Corner Grocery Convience Store at Chalks Rd. The information you are receiving and hearing about Knightdale H.S is true. Good Luck!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag911 View Post
Before purchasing in Bowling Green, check out the neighborhood really good across the main roadway (Jones Dairey Rd.) and near the Corner Grocery Convience Store at Chalks Rd. The information you are receiving and hearing about Knightdale H.S is true. Good Luck!

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

Last edited by weluvwakeforest; 03-12-2008 at 09:24 PM..

Old 03-12-2008, 10:14 PM

19 posts, read 46,129 times
that cookie cutter thing makes the price not right for the houses or are my expectations too high?The lack of activity could be as a result of the downs in the market for now.

Many people seem to be discourage at this point to buy a house.
employers are even laying off staff to make ends meet. so except for those who are in steady labour market purchase will be at the bottom of their list for now.

Requesting for 50k off might be a good idea. but we are going to be building from scratch. I thought you could only negotiate on inventory homes.

I hope another builder does not come in to inflate the price.but where does the law of competition come to play? should the new builder if there will be one not try to match or offer lower prices?

Home buying is becoming a cheating business and smart money making venture for some. take the upgrades in houses for example- what makes it cheaper for you to get a goument kitchen from lowes or home depot but the builder cannot make it even $5000 more expensive, rather they charge you 3times more to get it done through them. i just wonder if it is a wise idea to include it in your mortgage or put it on your store credit card.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM

1,611 posts, read 3,182,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag911 View Post
Yes, there is a horrible pocket there, bounded by Bowling Green, Willow Deer, Heritage, Saddle Run & Franklin Academy. It is being squeezed out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary