Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2008, 09:35 AM

95 posts, read 639,952 times

Advertisements

Which is a better school? Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 07:14 PM

5 posts, read 17,445 times
I would recommend that you check into legacy real estate school ..They are located on Spring Forest rd in Raleigh

Old 12-25-2008, 07:50 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,219 times
I've been researching the same topic. There is a link to the exam pass rates for all schools here: Schools/Sponsors

Those two look about the same; F-M has a 79% pass rate and Monk an 80% one. Most of the other ones I see with rates that high are either in Charlotte or are very small. HPW's rate is much lower: 67%. So my guess is that either one will give you a good education.

Also, here's an old thread on the subject: Real Estate School

Last edited by J_Lurk; 12-25-2008 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: added old thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:23 AM

43,281 posts, read 77,104,102 times
I went to JY Monk, and recommend them with no hesitation.
I believe that we had very close to 100% pass rate on pre-licensing.

And, of course Fonville and HPW and Legacy all turn out capable agents.

I suggest you go to a school where the course schedule fits your time schedule, bust your butt to learn the coursework, and most importantly, hang your license at a firm that will help you develop into a skilled agent.
The licensing procedure truly gives you just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:50 AM

513 posts, read 1,605,169 times
FM has the lowest pass rate but they have great teachers....HPW lets you take the exam twice without retaking the class.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Many many moons ago...I took my pre licensing at Wake Tech. This was way before all these schools appeared. I had heard that if you can pass the Wake Tech exam, with this very qualified instructor, that you would pass the state exam. I did.

I worked with HP&W after passing the exam. The reason I chose HP&W is their training was a two week course, lasted from 9AM until 5PM, 5 days a week. That is where you learn HOW to be a real estate agent!

I took off for a few years.

When I came back into Real Estate, my broker in charge had switched to FM and since I really loved working with her, that is where I ended up.

FM also has a 2 week class that teaches you the basics. I didn't take the full 2 weeks but chose to take the classes that I felt would benefit me. They allowed that since I already had experience. I'm sure with the new agents, you are REQUIRED to take the classes.

So, I suggest you choose a pre licensing class based on all the things that were previously suggested and then choose the company you are going to work with, based on their training.

Vicki

Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,326 times
HPW has a slightly lower pass rate but only requires you to make a 75% score to pass..the others required an 80%. HPW also allowed you to take the exam twice if you did not pass the first time which the others do not do. Legacy cancels too many classes in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary