Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:17 AM

119 posts, read 354,901 times

Advertisements

I am new to the area and I spent the past year working for the PGA Tour (pro golf). I'm trying to see if I can get some kind of administration job at a golf course around here but I'm not really sure where to look or which are the best ones. Thanks for the help. Merry Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 11:29 AM

446 posts, read 1,394,436 times
I bet if you searched online for 5 min you would find out all you need to know. Your question is so wide open and vague it comes off as being lazy. If I was in the industry and was in a position of hiring and saw your post, I'd look elsewhere.

North Carolina Golf Resorts | Pinehurst | Luxury Golf & Spa Resorts

Old 12-25-2008, 02:29 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,605 times
Try Prestonwood Country Club in Cary. A fabulous golf course and club in the most beautiful and enjoyable town in NC. You will not be disappointed.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbis View Post
I bet if you searched online for 5 min you would find out all you need to know. Your question is so wide open and vague it comes off as being lazy. If I was in the industry and was in a position of hiring and saw your post, I'd look elsewhere.

North Carolina Golf Resorts | Pinehurst | Luxury Golf & Spa Resorts
Feel better about yourself now? Next time I'm interviewing for a job on an online message board I'll think of you.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Try Prestonwood Country Club in Cary. A fabulous golf course and club in the most beautiful and enjoyable town in NC. You will not be disappointed.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:57 AM

446 posts, read 1,394,436 times
Knights Play Golf Center, Day and Night Par 3 Golf Course in Apex, North Carolina

Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 AM

64 posts, read 170,549 times
Not really sure what bobbis problem is, but the Knights Play recommendation is obviously not a good one. I'll give a list of good, upscale courses (at least as jobs go) within a reasonable range of Raleigh and allow you to research the contact info:

Private
Prestonwood CC (Cary)
MacGregor Downs CC (Cary)
Raleigh CC (Raleigh)
Northridge CC (Raleigh)
Hazentree (Raleigh/Wake Forest)
Devil's Ridge (Holly Springs)
Briar Creek CC (Raleigh)
Carolina CC (Raleigh)

Semi-private
Heritage GC (Wake Forest)
Duke University GC (Durham)
Finley GC (Chapel Hill)
Chapel Ridge GC (Carrboro)
Olde Liberty (Wake Forest/Youngsville) - I mention this one because it is new and may be looking for people.
River Ridge (Clayton)
The Neuse (Clayton)
Riverwood GC (Clayton)
Lochmere GC (Cary)
Eagle Ridge (Raleigh)

Good luck! If you need info about playing conditions, pace of play, etc.; let me know!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:56 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,601 times
A couple more-

Old Chatham
TPC Wakefield Plantation
Hope Valley CC
Croasdaile
Treyburn

Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 AM

64 posts, read 170,549 times
I can confiirm TPC and Treyburn at least. Good call Sneezecake. Don't know the others well enough.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:45 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Feel better about yourself now? Next time I'm interviewing for a job on an online message board I'll think of you.
No kidding. Must be a frustrated duffer.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but also if anyone knows of some good public courses in/around Raleigh area, would appreciate info, as I get the impression most courses around here are private.

Apologies to those offended that I didn't do 800 hrs of online research first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary