Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:12 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,863,404 times

Advertisements

First off, you are making ridiculous generalizations that do not represent Cary. People using this forum should take your posts with a grain of salt.
If you think that Durham or Raleigh are any more real, expansive, interesting, exciting than Cary then you are living in a fantasy world.
Frankly, the entire Triangle is slow paced, relaxed and a great place to raise a family. Exciting is not a word that I would use to describe any area of the Triangle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortel View Post
Fake, confining, monotonous, boring, unrealistic, not as good as it looks from the outside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 10:48 AM
.-.

157 posts, read 370,219 times
I bet there are many of the "Cary or die" groups here if I plucked them down in a middle of many of the Apex, Raleigh, Durham sub divisions would have no clue which town they were in. And from most of the triangle area during non rush hour times you can be in the middle of one of the others in about thirty minutes give or or take a little. Besides most of these areas are just cookie cutter sub divisions with little or no reason to go there unless you actually live there because it's identical to where you live. ho hum

Old 12-27-2008, 01:01 PM

66 posts, read 262,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Those that can't live here or never really spent the time to check it out will endlessly cut it up.
Now that's some funny funny stuff. Word of advice to anyone thinking of moving to Cary - Too many people on this board despise the place for us to all be wrong. But, it could be that we're all jealous, or just never been there. Yeah, that's the ticket......

Old 12-27-2008, 01:36 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,560,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .-. View Post
I bet there are many of the "Cary or die" groups here if I plucked them down in a middle of many of the Apex, Raleigh, Durham sub divisions would have no clue which town they were in. And from most of the triangle area during non rush hour times you can be in the middle of one of the others in about thirty minutes give or or take a little. Besides most of these areas are just cookie cutter sub divisions with little or no reason to go there unless you actually live there because it's identical to where you live. ho hum
This is pretty spot on. I say Cary is pretty overrated....not because it's not a fine place to live; but because it is just like any other newer suburban town. If you took the average person to a typical neighborhood in Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay, or Wake Forest they wouldn't be able to tell the difference (unless maybe they were in an unincorporated area of the town with no curb/gutters). There are more things in Cary because it is much larger geographically and sprawls out in more directions than most other towns. Kokobooth ampithetre is a great concert and live entertainment venue in Cary; but if you live in Preston you are further away from it than most people in Apex and southwest Raleigh. Umstead Park is beautiful and the largest park in the area and one of the largest in the state....and one of its main enterances is off Reedy Creek Rd in Cary...but if you live in Lochmere, MacGregor Downs or Macarthur Park its going to take you a lot longer to get there than it will if you live in NW Raleigh off Leesville Road. I guess my point is that if a person is interested in a particular area of western wake county; which Cary, through being oddly shaped and sprawling in several random directions, covers a large poriton of; said person shouldn't automaticaly choose to live within the Cary town limits just to be in "Cary". If they would be assigned to a better scool, be closer to work, or closer to certain ammenities they would like by living in Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs, or Raleigh than if they were are on Cary side of the town line; then they shouldn't live in Cary just be be in Cary

Old 12-27-2008, 02:26 PM

446 posts, read 1,392,589 times
Take a ride south, about an hour or so, down HWY 1 and venture around. Cary will seem like paradise. Man, we went to play golf at Foxfire Village and got lost on the way......wow. I love Cary.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:09 PM

63 posts, read 153,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
First off, you are making ridiculous generalizations that do not represent Cary. People using this forum should take your posts with a grain of salt.
If you think that Durham or Raleigh are any more real, expansive, interesting, exciting than Cary then you are living in a fantasy world.
Frankly, the entire Triangle is slow paced, relaxed and a great place to raise a family. Exciting is not a word that I would use to describe any area of the Triangle.

If it makes you feel any better, I hate Durham too.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:18 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,913,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortel View Post
Fake, confining, monotonous, boring, unrealistic, not as good as it looks from the outside
Oh yes, that proves it, 110%. You're right, it's better down the far end of Garner in the low income trailer court where everyone has pitbulls chained to their front door, a meth lab out back and a few confederate flags attached to their tin deck roof. Dang, so sorry I missed that. Yep, this guy prooved once and for all, Cary is so boring and everywhere else is much better.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:01 PM

294 posts, read 828,068 times
safety just follows your boy NH2NC

Grew up in NH (safest state) and now I live in Cary. Holla at your boy for heeding the advice of my fourth grade teacher - safety first.....

Old 12-27-2008, 06:22 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,560,830 times
New Hampshire probably fits the "too bored to commit crime" mold moreso than Cary. Freaking beautiful state though. If that Seacost region wasn't incredibly expensive I would seriously have considered moving there instead of back to NY.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:55 PM

63 posts, read 153,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Oh yes, that proves it, 110%. You're right, it's better down the far end of Garner in the low income trailer court where everyone has pitbulls chained to their front door, a meth lab out back and a few confederate flags attached to their tin deck roof. Dang, so sorry I missed that. Yep, this guy prooved once and for all, Cary is so boring and everywhere else is much better.

I guess you haven't driven around your precious town that much, because if you have, you would be aware that there are plenty of low income areas as well as trailers in Cary too. Maybe you don't venture far enough from your well manicured HOA to notice. This is the south.... no matter what town or city you are in, you will have trailer homes and low income housing not too far from expensive homes... it's a fact.

Also, in your post, you find it necessary not only to put down those people who live in Garner, but, basically, the entire south. Good for you!! Keep up with the stereoptypes and continue setting a great example of how people from Cary are viewed by others. It's comments like yours that make non-Cary residents dislike your town even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary