Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 02:41 PM

7 posts, read 12,374 times

Advertisements

I am new to the area and am interested in Crossgate subdivision. Can someone please give me some comments on this community? Is there traffic noise from 540?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
Cross Gate, off of durant near six forks? There is part of the neighborhood that is not affected by 540, but then, the back side has some homes that back up to 540 - yes you hear the traffic, and then some houses that face 540 over their street and some trees. Unfortunately, depending on which part of the neighborhood you are in, you can hear 540................

Leigh

Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 PM

445 posts, read 1,859,279 times
Default Cross Gate

Yes, depending on where you live in the subdivision you can hear I-540. While I don't live there myself, I have several friends that do. My understanding is that you're not allowed to have a fence unless it's an underground fence. Also all of my friends have had trouble with their neighbors - nosey, butting into their business, being rude, etc. Lastly, if you have kids in high school, the base high school is not that great. Property values appeared to have done well though. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,001 times
I've always liked Cross Gate. It is a good sized neighborhood of upscale homes on good sized wooded lots. For those who are curious, it is just across I-540 from Bent Tree, although the homes were built more recently than those in Bent Tree. There is a nice community pool, plenty of neighborhood roads for taking a walk or jogging. I don't personally know anyone who lives there, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of the neighbors like mfrank2109. But, IMO, having good neighbors is a prerequisite for me, so that would be a big strike.

The backside of the neighborhood along White Chapel Way backs up to to I-540. The home sites near the highway were the last to be developed and look to be smaller with lower construction quality than the homes built farther away. One advantage of buying now after I-540 is built is you can go and judge the noise for yourself - all you have to do is go during rush hour on a weekday and step out of the car to see if you can hear the noise and, if so, how loud it is.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 AM

106 posts, read 319,462 times
We recently moved into Cross Gate after an extensive house search and find our neighbors to be lovely. A handful of the houses have an issue with noise from 540 but the vast majority of the neighborhood is quiet and serene. It is a pretty neighborhood: the houses are well built and landscaped. It is an excellent location-5 mins to grocery, lots of good restaurants, home depot, library, post office, ymca, churches, banks, Kohls, Rite Aid, Borders, movie theatre and so on. 10 mins to Triangle Town Center or Crabtree Valley Mall. 15 mins to airport or downtown Raleigh. Our realtor felt it was a great neighborhood for resale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary