Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,389,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Come on, Dude, we know you love Cary, but their child is going to go to school in Chapel Hill......that's quite a commute....

Chapel Hill's bus service is free, btw, no kidding!

The OP's posting points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsfrom3 View Post
or another area a possibility?
Quote:
If we made the move,
Sounds like no definite plans and sounds like they are asking for other possibilities. They stated a wish list that many areas in Cary would fulfill. I was just providing options. Nothing wrong with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,948,977 times
They SAID if they made the move their child would go to school in Chapel Hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
The OP's posting points

Sounds like no definite plans and sounds like they are asking for other possibilities. They stated a wish list that many areas in Cary would fulfill. I was just providing options. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
They SAID if they made the move their child would go to school in Chapel Hill.

Quote:
In other words, an area where we can walk to a small grocery store, bakery, hardware store, dry cleaning, some shops and restaurants and perhaps even a park. Is Chapel Hill, Durham or another area a possibility?
And they asked if another area is a possibility.

I provided info on a town that provides an area where they can walk to a small grocery store, bakery, hardware store, dry cleaning, some shops and restaurants and perhaps even a park. Isn't that what they asked for? What is the problem?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,288,019 times
Quote:
Hee-hee, I knew that would get a rise outta ya! Come on, Charlton, I was just funnin' ya!! Let's be friends again!!!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,948,977 times
Quote:
And they asked if another area is a possibility.

I provided info on a town that provides an area where they can walk to a small grocery store, bakery, hardware store, dry cleaning, some shops and restaurants and perhaps even a park. Isn't that what they asked for? What is the problem?
OK do the commute twice a day for five days and tell me there's no problem.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,952,166 times
Princeton. Ithaca. Cary.

Uh. OK.

Giggle.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,207 times
Thank you all for the feedback. I didn't mean to cause an arguement.

Very exciting. Sounds like we may have some options in Chapel Hill, also Carrboro and Hillsbourough seems like they are both about 8 miles from Emerson Waldorf - in opposite directions.

Either way, it sounds like my wife would have about a 30-40 minute round trip to/from school in the AM whether we are in central Chapel Hill, Hillsborough or Carrboro. Tht may not be so bad, if when we are home, we can leave the cars behind and just walk. Thanks everyone!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Hee-hee, I knew that would get a rise outta ya! Come on, Charlton, I was just funnin' ya!! Let's be friends again!!!!!

You and I are cool. No worries.

To the OP - Best of luck. I think you will love the area.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 874 times
Default Moving from Cape Cod to Chapel Hill Area?

We are considering a move from the Cape Cod, MA area to the Chapel Hill, NC area. We are a family of six (6). My wife and I are in our 30s and our children range from age 2 to 9. If we make the move, our school age children would go to the Emerson Waldorf School in Chapel Hill. I am interested in feedback on towns, neighborhoods, etc. within 30 minutes or so of the school. Our price range is around $750 - $900K. I've done a bit of research and have found the Legacy @ Jordan lake to be appealing. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary