Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM

185 posts, read 575,763 times

Advertisements

I've checked through the threads on restaurants and dining experiences, however I can't seem to find one that deals exclusively with steak.
I am wondering where in Raleigh is the absolute best restaurant to take my wife to enjoy a steak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 03:24 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
The best bet would be either Ruth's Chris or Sullivans. I wish that there were better local steak houses, but I have not found one.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,326 times
Ruth's Chris is great - My favorite of the big chains.

I have to recommend the Capital City Chop House out by the airport. You wouldn't expect a quality steakhouse in the middle of a cluster of airport hotels, but there it is.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:30 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
I'm going to say The Angus Barn is THE BEST. It is a 5 star restaurant.

My 2nd favorite is Peddler Steak House at Oak Park Shopping Center.

Sullivans is good, even if it is a chain, owned by Lone Star Steakhouse!

Vicki

Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,162 times
Here is an old thread: A Great Steak House in Raleigh?

I hear many recommendations for Angus Barn, Ruth's Chris, Stonewood Grill, and Chop House Grill, etc....

Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM

188 posts, read 748,471 times
You have a lot of good options. Of the steakhouses, Sullivan's is my favorite. Angus Barn has a great atmosphere, but the food quality has declined significantly in recent years, IMO. Capital City Chophouse is often overlooked because of the location (near the airport), but is very good. I am not a huge fan of Ruth's Chris mostly because of the atmosphere, but the food is also very good. Vinnie's on Six Forks is good.

Although not traditional steakhouses, you can always get a good steak at Margaux's or Second Empire. Those are my two favorite Raleigh restaurants.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:35 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcp View Post
You have a lot of good options. Of the steakhouses, Sullivan's is my favorite. Angus Barn has a great atmosphere, but the food quality has declined significantly in recent years, IMO. Capital City Chophouse is often overlooked because of the location (near the airport), but is very good. I am not a huge fan of Ruth's Chris mostly because of the atmosphere, but the food is also very good. Vinnie's on Six Forks is good.

Although not traditional steakhouses, you can always get a good steak at Margaux's or Second Empire. Those are my two favorite Raleigh restaurants.
I second the criticism of Angus Barn. The steaks are now very overpriced for their current quality. Outback has better steak than the Angus Barn.

Perhaps Angus is on the way out.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 PM

185 posts, read 575,763 times
Thank you for prompt responses. I am checking out all these restaurants menus as we speak. Criticisms of atmosphere have gotten me thinking that I definitely want to avoid a bar/pub kind of atmosphere, something fairly classy/romantic might keep me in the wifes good books. Would this dismiss anyones suggestions?

Old 01-06-2009, 03:52 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
I second the criticism of Angus Barn. The steaks are now very overpriced for their current quality. Outback has better steak than the Angus Barn.

Perhaps Angus is on the way out.
The Angus Barn has been overpriced for the quality and on the way out for like 50 years now

I like the Angus Barn on special occasions...but for the money we like Outback's $9.99 sirloin special. It's only a 6 oncer, but there's no need to make a hog of yourself anyway

Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
The Angus Barn has been overpriced for the quality and on the way out for like 50 years now

I like the Angus Barn on special occasions...but for the money we like Outback's $9.99 sirloin special. It's only a 6 oncer, but there's no need to make a hog of yourself anyway
Agree totally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary