Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,429,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcerfromNY View Post
I am SO glad we passed on what seemed like a phenomenal deal on paper in Bowling Green ( A Drees home)... the fact that St. L was on the lam and not looking like they were going to make it is why we walked from it -- not knowing the eventuality of it and what would happen to the amenities that made the s/d attractive - what happens when <50% of the homes are sold? Do HOA dues x4? What about vacant homes and vacant lots? Etc. etc.

Good luck indeed!
I drove through Bowling Green last Sunday afternoon. There are a fair amount of lots for sale. There are a few houses under construction that appear to be fairly complete on the outside, but are either just studs or drywall inside. Some are basement lots.
There is a lot of open land near the pool - between the St. Lawrence homes and St. Lawrence Broadstreet section - I wonder if this was going to be a planned park, more homes, etc.
I stopped at the Broadstreet Homes model home and a posted sign relayed that homes are shown by appointment only.
I think Bowling Green is also zoned Knightdale High School (right now). Kinda bizzare given they are approx. 2 miles from Wake Forest Rolesville High !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,680,901 times
Just saw this article about St. Lawrence:
Big Builder Online: news and analysis exploring the management, finance, and operations of America's big builders.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:53 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,837,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
I drove through Bowling Green last Sunday afternoon. There are a fair amount of lots for sale. There are a few houses under construction that appear to be fairly complete on the outside, but are either just studs or drywall inside. Some are basement lots.
There is a lot of open land near the pool - between the St. Lawrence homes and St. Lawrence Broadstreet section - I wonder if this was going to be a planned park, more homes, etc.
I stopped at the Broadstreet Homes model home and a posted sign relayed that homes are shown by appointment only.
I think Bowling Green is also zoned Knightdale High School (right now). Kinda bizzare given they are approx. 2 miles from Wake Forest Rolesville High !!!
Hi- I live in Bowling Green & thought I'd tell you what I know.
The land across from the pool has always been slated for town homes or patio homes, and we hear that those plans are still in the works.

Drees is building- quite a few homes, actually. We are all hoping St. Lawrence recovers soon & complete their houses.
Bowling Green is split into 2 school nodes- sadly most of the subdivision is in the Knightdale node, with the rest assigned to WF-R. However, when Heritage High comes online the node curently slated to go to Knightdale is assigned to Heritage. Lots of high schoolers here go to magnet hs, too.

We are grateful that our pool & clubhouse are complete & open, that we have beautiful woods & a creek to explore, and, of course, that we have Lowes & Ace hardware literally 2 minutes away!
All in all this is a solid community.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:12 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,429,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Hi- I live in Bowling Green & thought I'd tell you what I know.
The land across from the pool has always been slated for town homes or patio homes, and we hear that those plans are still in the works.

Drees is building- quite a few homes, actually. We are all hoping St. Lawrence recovers soon & complete their houses.
Bowling Green is split into 2 school nodes- sadly most of the subdivision is in the Knightdale node, with the rest assigned to WF-R. However, when Heritage High comes online the node curently slated to go to Knightdale is assigned to Heritage. Lots of high schoolers here go to magnet hs, too.

We are grateful that our pool & clubhouse are complete & open, that we have beautiful woods & a creek to explore, and, of course, that we have Lowes & Ace hardware literally 2 minutes away!
All in all this is a solid community.
Will the neighborhood still be split between two nodes - Heritage High and WFR - or is the entire node going to Heritage?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
Will the neighborhood still be split between two nodes - Heritage High and WFR - or is the entire node going to Heritage?
Still 2 nodes... we have the assignments going forward for the next 3 years. After that both nodes may go to the same place... who knows... at that point we are as up in teh air as anyone in the county.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcerfromNY View Post
...what would happen to the amenities that made the s/d attractive - what happens when <50% of the homes are sold? Do HOA dues x4? What about vacant homes and vacant lots? Etc. etc. ..
We have a pool, a tot lot, a scenic greenway by the creek, a clubhouse- no expensive golf or tennis or anything like that.
The developer was very conservative is structuring this community: our current HOA dues cover our needs. In that way we are very lucky. (We are near subdivisions that were promised amenities like pools but they have not been built.)

We hope St. Lawrence straightens out soon but in the meantime, Drees is building quite a bit.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 AM

50 posts, read 123,835 times
Default Wake Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Any news on the The Northhamptons? I would love to buy in that subdivision but I don's see anything going on yet?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bward View Post
Any news on the The Northhamptons? I would love to buy in that subdivision but I don's see anything going on yet?
that subdivision is all St. Lawrence so that subdivision is stalled. You can get resales in there, now, though.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:36 PM

27 posts, read 71,164 times
Hey NYer, I live in Bowling Green as well. Just moved here about 5 months ago and I did buy a St. Lawrence home. I LOVE the neighborhood and I hope St. Lawrence bounces back.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:58 AM

25 posts, read 73,107 times
I live in a St Lawrence home in Rolesville...had it built two years ago. In my cul de sac, we have two vacant homes still....and two vacant lots. The salesperson is still showing the homes owned by STL, however, the empty lots now are being sold by Dree's homes.

Unlike bowling green and NorthHampton....we do not have to have our HOA fees raised, because we have other builders here, so no deficit was created by STLH. In NorthHampton, I believe that each house needs to come up with $$ to make up for their deficit AND have their HOA monthly fees raised.

STLH will come back. They made great homes...I have the Pearson Model fully upgraded and we are very happy with it. Our one year walkthrough had two minor things that needed to be attended too. When we owned a Lennar home, I spent two years having them there almost weekly fixing their work. We would NEVER ever by another Lennar home.

Just my thoughts.....and my two cents. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary