Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:13 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times

Advertisements

That does seem right I worked in dental office management for years and it depends how deep the filling is. There can be 3 different prices on a filling on the same tooth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 06:22 AM

4 posts, read 15,926 times
Default what dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryguy View Post
This week my 18 year old daughter went to the dentist for a basic cleaning and before I knew it was over $700.

Cleaning $135.00
Xray's $ 90.00
2 filling's $500.00

Total $725.00 This just seem's high to me what is any else paying?
I have a more resonable one if you need it

Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 AM

170 posts, read 1,014,645 times
I'll take the 'more reasonable one', PM if you prefer not to make public.
Have insurance, but that's just a starting point and the dentist raises rates every year which comes 100% out of pocket -& insurance is so pricey that it's almost not worth the expense.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,207 times
[img]By the way, it's not always necessary to spend big bucks on root canals and crowns. If the tooth's not that noticeable, just save your money and pull it.[/img]

That's not really the greatest advice. My teeth are so tight together, they would be shifting all over the place if I did that, as I'm sure a lot of other's people teeth are. Plus I kind of like having all my teeth to chew and what not...

Old 01-16-2009, 05:46 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPage View Post

That's not really the greatest advice. My teeth are so tight together, they would be shifting all over the place if I did that, as I'm sure a lot of other's people teeth are. Plus I kind of like having all my teeth to chew and what not...
All depends.

Worked fine for me.

Actually, losing a tooth might let the others uncrowd and do better.

Most dentists won't suggest this but will give an honest opinion if you bring up extraction.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:36 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
I firmly believe that Dentists and Chiropractors are nothing but scam artists.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:47 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
I would love it if someone would PM me the name and location of a less-expensive dentist, too. (In Raleigh, Cary, or surrounding area.)

Currently, when I need dental work, I fly up to Rochester, NY, and go to my sister's very reasonably priced dentist. He also has a waiting room filled with Three Stooges posters and plaques, and he has photos of himself with Willie Nelson posted in the examining rooms. If I go to Rochester, I can get good dental work (and a few giggles) PLUS pay for the entire trip, for the same amount as just paying the dentist here.

It would be great to have a reasonably priced dentist here.

I don't know why the fees are so expensive. I've heard that there are more than enough dentists in this area. I don't know why they're not competitive.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:08 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
That's interesting. Dentists here are overpriced moreso that other metropolitan areas of the country? I've never been to a dentist anywhere but here, so I wouldn't know.
My DH is from India and goes back once a year. He always goes to the dentist there and it costs about $20.00 and a lot of the dentists there went to school here in the US.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 PM

60 posts, read 260,876 times
Quote:
By the way, it's not always necessary to spend big bucks on root canals and crowns. If the tooth's not that noticeable, just save your money and pull it.
In my case, if I went with that, I would honestly have no molars on the top, and, well, I kinda need SOME, you know?

Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM

93 posts, read 216,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I would love it if someone would PM me the name and location of a less-expensive dentist, too. (In Raleigh, Cary, or surrounding area.)

Currently, when I need dental work, I fly up to Rochester, NY, and go to my sister's very reasonably priced dentist. He also has a waiting room filled with Three Stooges posters and plaques, and he has photos of himself with Willie Nelson posted in the examining rooms. If I go to Rochester, I can get good dental work (and a few giggles) PLUS pay for the entire trip, for the same amount as just paying the dentist here.

It would be great to have a reasonably priced dentist here.

I don't know why the fees are so expensive. I've heard that there are more than enough dentists in this area. I don't know why they're not competitive.
Refreshing here, Brentwood. Did you have any luck finding someone - if so, can you PM me? We're on the hunt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary