U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:00 PM

320 posts, read 554,083 times

Advertisements

Well, I can see the mature discussion is now over. I would bet my 75% tax bill that every negative poster on here has children and resents anyone even suggesting that something be taken away from them. I understand. That's what our society has become. "I'm not responsible. Screw it. Someone else will pay for it." How true. And by the way, you're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 02:01 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,801,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Welcome to political correctness in America. Only right taxpayers have is to bend over and pay up.
I know, the good old days were better, when any old schmoe could find out the grades of everyone in a public school class.

*whistling*

Huh? What's that? They couldn't? Criminey. Stupid privacy rights.

(By the way, my tax dollars are going to subsidize just about everyone who has a mortgage on their primary residence, so why the heck can't I go in and visit whenever I want? What has happened to our country and our way of life!!!????!!! I blame the gypsies.)

Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM

1,878 posts, read 3,287,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalnc View Post
Well, I can see the mature discussion is now over. I would bet my 75% tax bill that every negative poster on here has children and resents anyone even suggesting that something be taken away from them. I understand. That's what our society has become. "I'm not responsible. Screw it. Someone else will pay for it." How true. And by the way, you're welcome.
I don't have children, but believe every child has the right to an education.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM

19,604 posts, read 31,172,187 times
Quote:
Was I negative?
I hope so, so I can take that bet.
If I offer odds, be very, very careful...

How's 7 to 5 sound?

Old 01-16-2009, 02:07 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,801,950 times
Quote:
I think you're not getting many sober, serious responses because you're whining about the topic with the same complexity that my seven-year-old uses when complaining about getting a haircut. There is a rich historical and social history behind publicly funded schools in the US, but your decision to ignore this in favor of a "what's mine is mine" approach is, I think, why everyone responded with mockery and ridicule. If you want a serious discussion about North Carolina or Triangle area school funding practices, then start one.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:09 PM

481 posts, read 956,028 times
Quote:
I think you're insulting childless people everywhere by suggesting they lack the common sense to appreciate a educational system which all taxpayers benefit from and contribute to equally.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:12 PM

202 posts, read 619,685 times
I personally am sick of ignorant people taking this country for granted, people like this add no value. You will figure it out one day, I believe in you.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:47 PM

1,665 posts, read 3,362,842 times
Why having to pay till death!!The schools continuosly are always asking for more money with little regard to taxpayer.Like earnings deducted against Social Security stop at age 72.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,946,110 times
No kids, but I don't mind. The better the schools, the better the resale value on my home.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,190,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
No kids, but I don't mind. The better the schools, the better the resale value on my home.
The is exactly how I felt before I had kids and had not decided if I wanted any of my own. I think it benefits everyone - whether you are a parent or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary