U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-19-2009, 11:50 AM

1,246 posts, read 2,879,428 times
Default New businesses opening

The thread about businesses closing is depressing. How about a new one about new businesses that are opening?

I'll start.

There is a new bakery that is opening very soon or may already be open in Chapel Hill. Bliss Boutique Bakery - Under Construction It is in the courtyard on Franklin Street where 3 Cups used to be. I know they are giving away free samples tomorrow during the Inauguration as Sandwhich is going to be offering breakfast and showing the Inauguration so they must be close to ready.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 11:54 AM

449 posts, read 988,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
where 3 Cups used to be.
Used to be? Damn. It was on my list of places to go.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM

1,246 posts, read 2,879,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
Used to be? Damn. It was on my list of places to go.
Don't worry. 3 Cups is still around. It moved to the plaza where Whole Foods is. It's in the group of stores with Great Harvest Bread and Locopops which is across the parking lot from Whole Foods. Haven't been there yet as it's a little out of the way so I forget about it.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:47 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,903,375 times
Bloom grocery stores:
Garner retailer expands - Columns by Sue Stock - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/business/nc/stock/story/1346001.html - broken link)
Quote:
Food Lion previously confirmed plans for three Triangle Bloom stores, but it now has five in the works. The first one won't open until late 2009. The stores will be at:

* Holly Springs and Ten Ten roads in Cary.

* Pritchard Road and Athletic Club Boulevard in Clayton.

* Morrisville Carpenter Road. and Davis Drive in Morrisville

* Ray and Strickland roads in North Raleigh.

* N.C. 98 and Jones Dairy Road in Wake Forest.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:46 PM

7,194 posts, read 13,581,284 times
There's a weird new discount/surpluss store opening in Cary by the TJ Maxx. I think it's called Ollie's Bargain outlet.
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet | "Good Stuff Cheap!"
We shall see about this one....

Old 01-19-2009, 04:49 PM

2,243 posts, read 5,547,315 times
What's that new Asian grocery by TJ Maxx too? S Market or something like that? I haven't been yet.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,903,375 times
That is across from my daughter's preschool. Sometimes I go to the TJ Maxx. I didn't even know about the bargain store. I'll have to check it out! It looks like a cross between Building 19 Home Page and Ocean State Job Lot - Home . I was wondering if the Asian supermarket was open yet. I keep forgetting about it since it's on the opposite end of TJ Maxx.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 PM

7,194 posts, read 13,581,284 times
It's called S-mart. My Korean friend says it's geared towards the Korean community. It's not as nice as Grand Asia market which seems to market itself to the general community (Asian or not). S-mart seems a little more aimed specifically at the Korean community. I went in there EXTREMELY quickly once and noticed everything in a foreign language (I didn't see anythign in English, and I guess it's all Korean but I didn't know that at the time). Granted, this was maybe a week after they opened, so maybe they just weren't really finished. I plan to check it out again. I live in the n'hood right behind it.

Here's a local review: http://www.newsobserver.com/105/story/1356742.html (broken link)

Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 PM

551 posts, read 1,485,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
What's that new Asian grocery by TJ Maxx too? S Market or something like that? I haven't been yet.
S Mart. It's in the old Hancock Fabrics location. I like it...it's got more korean foods than Grand Asia Market.

ETA: My bad... i wrote my reply to the question and then didn't post it until after I had dinner! There are a lot of signs in English, but not everything. The staff have been very helpful to me in deciphering the goods. I'm surprised you think it's not as nice as Grand Asia - I love both, but I wouldn't say GA is nicer. Probably because it is always so darn crowded and I've never been able to get any help - from staff, anyway. The fish tanks at GA give me the willies; I LOVE their hot food section.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 PM

3,238 posts, read 5,829,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
That is across from my daughter's preschool. Sometimes I go to the TJ Maxx. I didn't even know about the bargain store. I'll have to check it out! It looks like a cross between Building 19 Home Page and Ocean State Job Lot - Home . I was wondering if the Asian supermarket was open yet. I keep forgetting about it since it's on the opposite end of TJ Maxx.
OMG Kelly, 2 stores I definitely miss!! Big Lots just doesn't cut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary