Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,937,657 times

Advertisements

Please please clean your cars off before hitting the road.

It amazes me how some just pull-out and don't clean their car/suv/truck's off...especially the roof! I had snow and chunks of ice coming at me today driving to work on 540...This really is hazardous!

I keep my car in the garage, but if I left it out, I would make sure my car was free of snow/ice before hitting the road...

I am sure this will go on a few days before everything melts with temps reaching 50's by Friday, but for now....Please clean your cars before hitting the roads...Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 06:48 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,727,907 times
I felt awful as I returned home from the airport yesterday that I was spewing some snow off my roof (no big chunks, AFAICT, just a mist of snow), but I didn't have any snow removal gear with me. There wasn't even a hint of snow in the forecast when I left on Saturday! (And it doesn't help that even at home I can't find any of my snow removal gear; time to get some new ones, I guess.)

Old 01-21-2009, 07:20 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,331,001 times
My boyfriend and I, as well as our neighbors used brooms yesterday. It was really easy.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:52 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,949,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
I keep my car in the garage, but if I left it out, I would make sure my car was free of snow/ice before hitting the road...

I am sure this will go on a few days before everything melts with temps reaching 50's by Friday, but for now....Please clean your cars before hitting the roads...Thanks...
Another thought...slow down and leave more space between yourself and the cars in front of you. Don't worry, you'll still get where your going, and won't have to worry about getting hit with ice bombs.

No one is going to get all the ice off their car until it melts...I've got about a quarter inch of ice that the snow is adhered to, scraping works fine on windows, not so good on the car body.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,937,657 times
yes, that's it...I am tailgating...haha unreal... have a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
Another thought...slow down and leave more space between yourself and the cars in front of you. Don't worry, you'll still get where your going, and won't have to worry about getting hit with ice bombs.

No one is going to get all the ice off their car until it melts...I've got about a quarter inch of ice that the snow is adhered to, scraping works fine on windows, not so good on the car body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary