Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:44 AM

19 posts, read 51,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmh5146 View Post
When talking with the KB rep we have delt with, we were informed that prices were going to go up about $4,000. This neighborhood is selling like hot cakes. They release a building to be sold and its completely sold within a week and a half. Crazy!.wmh5146
WMH5146,

Thank you for the update, I will look forward to your relating your continued progress. I admit surprise that buildings are being sold as rapidly as you mention. I do believe it is a very nice offering but did think the price might be a bit high in current economy considering what else was available in Raleigh area. Of course compared to the other offerings in Amberly they are certainly the most reasonable which is what attracted me initially.

I will probably make the trip again in a few weeks and stop by this time with my wife and see how she likes the units.

Thanks again for keeping us updated.

George in NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 08:54 AM

72 posts, read 212,569 times
hi everyone... so i thought i was subscribed to this thread, but i have been MIA for a while well, we have been in the house about a month now... I really dont notice the airplane noise anymore, I dont really have an explanation for that, but maybe we just got used to it?

they have been selling really fast, i was standing on our balcony for about and hour last saturday and they showed at least 5 couples one unit i could see in just that hour. that's good news for us!

I am still pleased with our house... as with any new construction, there will be some nail pops and separation in places as the house settles, but our construction manager (David Cotton) is awesome! and helped out with everything. we get another meeting in November/december to have the come back and fix anything we notice from now until then. it's all minor cosmetic stuff, but they fixed everything we asked for in the first month. He is great and takes a lot of pride in his work, so we have been happy.

The design studio was a pleasant experience, the selection is good but limited, which was good for us since we couldn't afford any upgrades anyway The prices of the homes are higher in relation to others in raleigh, but you have a Cary address which is prime for resale and like other people said, they sell like hotcakes so it gives me confidence that we made a good decision.

We did have a price reduction of about 10% of the purchase price (contract in august 2008, purchase in january 2009) Which made us very very happy it was like winning the lottery!

it was nice last weekend so we took a walk around the community and to the resident center. It is a friendly safe area and very well kept. The resident center even offers free classes like Yoga or open gym basketball/volleyball. You are definitely buying into the community of amberly and not just a house.

Hope this helps... let me know what else you would like to know!

Oh one slight thing... my cell phone doesnt work well in the house... but i think that's just a time issue until they put up a cell phone tower in the area. I dont know when/if that will happen.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 6,129 times
My wife and I have now completed our meetings at the KB Home Studio for all of our options. I will admit, we were pretty bummed that they had removed A LOT of standard options to lower the base price. So my wife and I have to spend a little more than we though just to get some necessary items. Here is an example: Plumbing for an ice maker for the refrigerator. They also had turned the downstairs Powder Room into another closet, so you have to do a $1200 upgrade to get the Powder Room. What my wife and I decided to do for a lot of items such as lighting, kitchen hardware, and such, was to get the standard items and eventually replace them with better items.

Some pluses in this experience was that our KB rep was very nice and was helpful with all of our questions. KB also had great deals on Dishwashers, Microwaves and Ranges. I compared prices and we were able to get a Range and a Dishwasher for about $200 cheaper.

This will be a great area to live in since it starting to grow. They are starting to build more things in the area like a Bloom which is like an upscale Food Lion. Hopefully more restaurants will pop up soon.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 AM

19 posts, read 51,290 times
wmh5146,

Guess you can figure that they are going to maintain a certain margin no matter what the base price is. At least you can decide what you can do later and what you need now. Plumbing like extra powder room always best done at construction I would think. Do they offer stubbing pipes as an option versus complete bath fixtures?

George in NY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary