Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:12 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,160,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyO View Post
So here's a question... We visited the Glenwood Ave location today, and very much liked the lack of pushiness and how knowledgeable the sales guy was. I know they're factory direct, so there's no middle man, and the prices are very upfront & competitive... but does anyone dicker on the price with OMF? I LOVE negotiating on prices for any big ticket item, but am less likely to want to rake over the coals a local company selling direct. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts.
They don't dicker even for free delivery.

Refreshing in the ridiculous blast of sale ads from other retailers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 PM

393 posts, read 652,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Hubby and I purchased a king size pillowtop about 5 years ago. It is the best mattress that I have ever slept on.

A few months ago, we purchased a double for my daughter. She is 15 years old and it was funny to watch "her" shop and the salesperson who was helping her did a very good job, treating her as if she was his best customer!

They always deliver on time and the delivery folks are quite friendly and helpful.

Vicki
Vicki, I see where you bought a OMF bed a couple years ago. I just purchased a King Orthopedic Ultra Plush with delivery set for tomorrow. I have had it with these newer Sealy, Serta one sided beds. So how are you liking your mattress? I know I should turn the bed for the first couple months every 2 weeks from what the salesman told me. I hope I no longer had a canoe to sleep in once this one gets broke in.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:46 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,179 times
We bought a mattress from them a couple of years ago and it's holding up well. The demonstration mattress in the store was pretty soft, but when ours was delivered, it was significantly firmer. So firm, in fact, that I had to go to Sam's Club and get a three-inch memory foam topper, which made it perfect. So you can't necessarily go by the test mattress.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,921,274 times
Oh hayell yes! Best mattress experience ever. Besides these guys, that industry is super shady.

We bought ours there MANY years ago and it's still by far the most comfy mattress I've ever slept on. It makes traveling sweet and sour because I always want to get home to it.

FWIW, the past couple nights my wife has been sick and as a result, doing a lot of tossing and turning. I can't sleep in the same bed with her because of it, so I went to sleep in our guest room which has the mattress we used before we bought this one...needless to say, only 2 nights there and I have slept terribly and now have a pain in back...ugh.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:59 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,240,116 times
I'm not a morning person so when I first wake up, I move slowly BUT...the mattress is NOT helping!

I lie there, in the morning, thinking that this is the most comfortable place I have ever been!

So, I am very happy with my mattress, even after all these years and I would definitely buy from OMF again.

Vicki

Old 12-14-2011, 05:26 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,764,990 times
We have OMF beds as well and they are comfortable....a bit firmer than I prefer, but comfortable and very sturdy. Certainly a good product. My preference is the W or Westin bed mentioned earlier in this thread as well, but OMF products are great.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,153,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
I know I should turn the bed for the first couple months every 2 weeks from what the salesman told me. I hope I no longer had a canoe to sleep in once this one gets broke in.
haha I think the salesman meant to say every two months. Every two weeks would be excessive! But it certainly wouldn't hurt your mattress if you did do that

I love our OMF mattress. Haven't slept so well in years.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:02 AM

61 posts, read 240,327 times
Great company. We only buy our mattresses from them. You should take a tour of their factory. Very cool!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:13 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,921,274 times
First night out of 3 that I was back in my beloved OMF and had a GREAT sleep. Woohoo!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 AM

393 posts, read 652,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazother1 View Post
Great company. We only buy our mattresses from them. You should take a tour of their factory. Very cool!

I took the tour yesterday and also watched as they made my mattress. It was delivered today, YEA!
We got the King Orthopedic Ultra Plush and the guy who was making it put in an extra row of spring inserts around the border. They normally only put one row in but he told me while he was putting them inside the coils that sometimes people special ordered them with 2 rows for added side support. I looked at him, gave a wink and a nod and told him mine was a "special order". He gave me the thumbs up and the next thing I know they are stitching it up with a double row of upgraded insert coils.
They really go out of their way to explain how and why they make their mattresses different than the leading brands. I am a fully informed consumer now and I hope I sleep well for a change. I did notice the bed is firmer than the display model but they explained that also before I ever had mine assembled. I like the fact that they are up front about everything.

Thanks for the imput all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary