Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:38 PM

158 posts, read 472,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Do you have the address or coordinates for this water tower?
I believe it should be N 35.871886, W 78.929236. If you zoom out a bit in Google maps it should give you some better perspective on where it's located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 PM

715 posts, read 1,039,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Due to strict zoning of the area which is good far as ascetics that you are referring to. Here is photo of another carrier already on the top of the transmission line in reference and the possible location of this one will be like this one. It on the tower on the right in the distance

This transmission line is just a possible location and not set but since you live in the area .. Do you know of anything else within one mile of these lines that is tall and above tree line? I couldnt find anything else yesterday but I also had to deal with the bottom dropping out of the sky working against me in trying to find anything tall. Like a water tower, church steeple etc. ?

Btw I thought the subdivision of "The Hills Of Southpoint was really cute or is going to be cute when it is finish.

Wow- those are beasts! How often do they run double high-tension towers side by side like that? Aren't they normally/usually singles? That picture is pretty hardcore. The right of way on that must be pretty wide.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:34 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times
Oooh, neat Sunny! My bf climbs towers for Excel! I worry about the economy and he just bought his first house. But he said that they have jobs lined up all year and they plan on staying busy

Old 01-30-2009, 03:53 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Since there are several of us CD users that live in this area, can you make sure it blends in nicely.... like one of those pine tree towers? You could even put a little CD flag on the pine tree tower.

I do know that cell phone reception inside some of the homes in Fairfield (a stones through from where you are talking about) is terrible. I don't know if the attics are lined w/ tin foil or what. With At&t 3g works ok, but anything lower and forget it.... your walking to the mail box to make a call.
As a proud Fairfield owner I totally agree. Reception is horrible inside my home.

SunnyKayak, Please, Please, Please put a cell tower down here at SW Durham! Maybe you can put something on top of our clubhouse in Fairfield?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.002583&z=19

Last edited by fester600; 01-30-2009 at 04:01 AM..

Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fester600 View Post
As a proud Fairfield owner I totally agree. Reception is horrible inside my home.

SunnyKayak, Please, Please, Please put a cell tower down here at SW Durham! Maybe you can put something on top of our clubhouse in Fairfield?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.002583&z=19
Fester, I find this really interesting since your house is the in the new section of Fairfield and the homes I was talking about are in the old section. Plus the homes were built by different builders. It's so odd because if you walk to mail box at these houses reception is fine. I always thought it was something about how the homes were built.... but again different builder, age etc. Hmmmm.

BTW, the "newish" 3G iPhone seems to work ok in these houses that I'm talking about.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Fester, I find this really interesting since your house is the in the new section of Fairfield and the homes I was talking about are in the old section. Plus the homes were built by different builders. It's so odd because if you walk to mail box at these houses reception is fine. I always thought it was something about how the homes were built.... but again different builder, age etc. Hmmmm.

BTW, the "newish" 3G iPhone seems to work ok in these houses that I'm talking about.
To be honest my phone has been working better. I have a Motorola 3G Razr, but there are always some trouble spots. My wife has the 2G iPhone and her service is not so great.

I hope SunnyKayak comes through with a new cell tower!

Matt

Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 975 times
I live in oakhurst which is across the street from the power lines, we want to have children, does anyone have any information as to how dangerous these lines maybe? Thanks

Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakhurst View Post
I live in oakhurst which is across the street from the power lines, we want to have children, does anyone have any information as to how dangerous these lines maybe? Thanks
I would consult your doctor for the bottom line on what the medical community says on this topic. But I do live across the street from you and I will say we've had tons of healthy babies & healthy kids in this neighborhood. Hmmm maybe those power lines are sending out procreation waves. Hmmm.

Good luck venturing into parenthood, it's unlike any trip you've ever taken before.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
Oooh, neat Sunny! My bf climbs towers for Excel! I worry about the economy and he just bought his first house. But he said that they have jobs lined up all year and they plan on staying busy
Ha, funny how this popped back up. Excel went under, but my boyfriends boss started his own company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary