Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 PM

18 posts, read 83,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
What is the racial makeup of the area, hate to say it but in Jersey where I am from you can look at all the high schools and the worst is mostly minority that is the facts Mercer county: Trenton high = dead last( the only school in the state of new jersey with armed guards) Crime rate in Trenton =Worse in the county (3rd worst in the country )and you guessed it largest % of minorities . Burlington county , Wilingboro High = dead last out of 50 Highschools , Crime at the bottom again and again you guessed it largest % of minorities in the county . Now as for NC I'm not sure yet that it is the same down there but when I looked up the highest crime area Durham was # 1 and when i checked the highest % of minorities in about 12 towns and cities in the area Durham was #1 . When you find an area that is mostly minority that does not have the worst schools and the highest crime let me know I want to move there but I wont hold my breath becuase such a large number of my race live like animals and make it that much harder for us normal ones ..that why the anger. I know the truth hurts, how much do you think it hurts me as a well educated black man...
I was doing some research for a possible move to Raleigh and regardless of how old your quote was I was relegated to respond. As an educated black woman it disheartens me that a so-called educated black man would bastardize his own people by describing an entire community as animals based on the actions of a few. As a well educated male what have you done to help the young brothers and sisters in your community other then ridicule them for not having the choice of being raised in a middle class neighborhood or having had the opportunity to have a 2 parent home. I know 3 men in the city where I live who live in these higher crime neighborhoods & who may not be as educated as you. But, they pooled their resources together to start a business where city youth can learn dance, drumming and the martial arts. They will have had more impact on their communities and will be remembered for their contributions while you will be remembered for the educated black man who up-holds the viewpoints of the old klan south and still sees the animal reflection in the mirror that he thinks belongs to someone else. And like the following commentor stated animals come in all races +I am adding all educational levels too!!!

if you spent more time in these communities you would realize there are a lot of our people, well-educated and middle-class who are doing wonderful things in these communities all over the U.S. and I am proud to call many of them my friends.

Last edited by gualm; 07-23-2013 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,675,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
What is the racial makeup of the area, hate to say it but in Jersey where I am from you can look at all the high schools and the worst is mostly minority that is the facts Mercer county: Trenton high = dead last( the only school in the state of new jersey with armed guards) Crime rate in Trenton =Worse in the county (3rd worst in the country )and you guessed it largest % of minorities . Burlington county , Wilingboro High = dead last out of 50 Highschools , Crime at the bottom again and again you guessed it largest % of minorities in the county . Now as for NC I'm not sure yet that it is the same down there but when I looked up the highest crime area Durham was # 1 and when i checked the highest % of minorities in about 12 towns and cities in the area Durham was #1 . When you find an area that is mostly minority that does not have the worst schools and the highest crime let me know I want to move there but I wont hold my breath becuase such a large number of my race live like animals and make it that much harder for us normal ones ..that why the anger. I know the truth hurts, how much do you think it hurts me as a well educated black man...
Being as though I am a black man my self. I find your comments disgraceful and riddled with ignorance. Educated you are not!!!!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 PM

430 posts, read 626,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualm View Post
I was doing some research for a possible move to Raleigh and regardless of how old your quote was I was relegated to respond.
Given that the person you quoted hasn't posted here in 3 years you may need to hire a PI or something to track him down if you want him to know your opinion.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 PM

7 posts, read 8,799 times
Garner and southeast raleigh... If you have kids, these areas have the most crime in the schools

Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaniead111 View Post
Garner and southeast raleigh... If you have kids, these areas have the most crime in the schools
I prefer the Johnston County Garner over the Wake County Garner due to the schools. Hoping that will change one day!

Vicki

Old 09-08-2016, 08:11 PM

799 posts, read 3,227,028 times
Looking for some fresh opinions for 2016, if anyone has something to add! We live in Greensboro and may be in for a move due to a job promotion! Thanks and Gracias, Amigos!

Old 09-08-2016, 11:33 PM

166 posts, read 419,032 times
Avoid areas in the RDU flight path because of the noise.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:31 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times
Avoid being in the direct path of new construction of NC 540 going from Holly Springs to Garner.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:57 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,881 times
I'd still avoid southeast Raleigh. Schools aren't that great (except Enloe, if your child is really gifted/talented) and overall higher levels of crime. Same with parts of Durham, some are great and others are fairly dangerous.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:27 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
All of it. Two words - nuclear plant.

(Disclaimer: This is a joke.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary