U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 AM

693 posts, read 2,387,894 times

Advertisements

I'll be staying in the area for 3-4 weeks in order to know what's all about and get a feeling if it is the right place for me (or not).

Any suggestions on places I should visit and things I should do while I'm there to have a realistic opinion about life in NC? (mostly in the RTP area).

Last edited by Grass Is Greener; 06-21-2006 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2006, 10:42 AM

1,531 posts, read 6,459,231 times
Touristy things (to see what we have to offer):
NC Museum of Natural Science, NC Museum of History, NC Museum of Art.
Exploris Museum/IMAX Theatre complex. Raleigh City Museum.
Raulston Arboretum (NCSU), Umstead State Park, Schenk Forest.
State Capital Grounds. Governor's Mansion.
Mordecai Historical Park, Historic Oakwood Neighborhood.

Local Hubs of Activity (to get a feel of life here):
Raleigh Memorial Auditorium/Progress Energy Center for Performing Arts, RBC Center/Arena & Stadium Complex (entertainment hubs).
North Carolina State Univ, Meredith Coll, Peace Coll, Shaw Univ, St. Augustine's Coll (higher ed hubs).
Cameron Village, Crabtree Mall, North Hills Plaza, Triangle Towne Center (shopping hubs).
City Market/Moore Square, Glenwood South, Five Points, Hillsborough St, Warehouse District/Nash Square (restaurant & nitelife hubs).

Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 AM

Thank you Rob, your list will certainly keep me busy

Old 06-28-2006, 07:13 PM

I have arrived!

First quick impressions:

- Shoppers paradise. Lots and lots of malls and stores
- I officially have a mosquito bite lol
- Hot hot and humid
- People really nice, having trouble understanding when they talk to me so I need some time before I get used to

Old 06-28-2006, 08:05 PM

11,577 posts, read 25,632,218 times
Go to the mall...Crabtree Valley Mall...talk to people. Trust me, they'll enjoy it and you'll get a feel for how nice people are. Ask questions. Well, the weekend is best as most of the people that work are not there on work nights. I love the mall.........have I mentioned that from time to time? Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary