Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,789,849 times

Advertisements

Oh yes... and if they don't have their patients come the first time around, not only do they have to pay for the exam again, they also have to wait 6 months or so for the next one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,942 times
my husband needs to have teeth pulled and dentures we have no money and living in my parents cammper can u please help us he is so embarresed about his teeth

Old 04-03-2012, 03:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,201 times
I need info on filling out the paperwork for the dental school and how to become a patient. My teeth are falling out and we can't even afford food. Please help.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM

413 posts, read 877,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andipie View Post
I need info on filling out the paperwork for the dental school and how to become a patient. My teeth are falling out and we can't even afford food. Please help.
If this is a serious call for food, please phone 250-0043. Interfaith
Food Shuttle, They can help you find emergency food sources.
Also Urban Ministries. There are many resources here to help.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 PM

399 posts, read 700,164 times
I had dental work by one of my classmates husband who was a dental student in the late 80s. Crowns were $80 and I still have four of them in my mouth. Many a dentist over the years has looked in my mouth and said, "Nice work". I didn't have to get in a lottery because I knew the student. They also have graduate dentists who come back for advanced training and do work as well as the undergrads so check there, too.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 PM

915 posts, read 2,381,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjoy View Post
If this is a serious call for food, please phone 250-0043. Interfaith
Food Shuttle, They can help you find emergency food sources.
Also Urban Ministries. There are many resources here to help.
Agreed. Contact a social worker immediately. Someone at Urban Ministries can help. You'll have to be patient and jump through hoops, but perhaps you would qualify for Medicaid or some other assistance for health care.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 PM

451 posts, read 1,157,017 times
Some good information thus far. As one of those former students, I can tell you the work you get done will be pretty good because there are so many check steps involved. The downside as previously mentioned is longer appts, more frequent appts...but the work is going to be done right.

The downside is that as with anything,there are a few standout students, a bunch of competent students, and a few incompetent students. It's no different than any other walk of life or profession. I'd say out of our class of 80 there were maybe 5 classmates I wouldn't let near me with a 10 foot pole, but I guess that's good odds (75/80)!.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:12 PM

531 posts, read 1,982,249 times
Yeah, I was one of those unlucky people who got stuck with a fairly incompetent student dentist at UNC. The worst part is, once you are assigned to a student, you cannot change. Also, the screening dentist said I needed a crown, but all I needed was sensitive teeth toothpaste (long story). Plus it was not that cheap either. I'm sure most people have a good experience, but I did not.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,828 times
Hey tabbcat ... is ur husband still give many to people to work on their teeth. I have 10 cavity and my teeth sometimes hurt and I don't have medicaid... or is it is free I am 20 years old. I really don't care about the money I just need my teeth fix. So please let me know thanks

Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,789,849 times
Sorry, that was like 5 years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary