Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 02:34 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,382,788 times

Advertisements

True Love.

Cary Starbucks brews up 'burning' love :: WRAL.com

"Cary, N.C. — It was love at first scald when a woman spilled hot coffee on a man at a Starbucks restaurant in Cary. One Valentine's Day later, the accident-prone customers tied the knot in the same store."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 02:53 PM

584 posts, read 2,416,320 times
This is what's considered news today. Another reason to never read a newspaper or watch TV.

Did they pay for the wedding with the money they got when they sued Starbucks for not telling them that coffee is hot?

Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM

316 posts, read 1,003,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post
This is what's considered news today. Another reason to never read a newspaper or watch TV.

Did they pay for the wedding with the money they got when they sued Starbucks for not telling them that coffee is hot?
It's St. Valentine's Day! Why wouldn't this be news today? There is only so much doom and gloom that a society can stomach. Sometimes it's just nice to hear of something positive in the world.

Oh, and you might want to look into that hot coffee lawsuit before you go spouting off again...the case actually had merit...it wasn't just because the coffee was hot but that is the sound-byte that always gets brought out by those ignorant of the actual case.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Personally, I enjoy seeing nice stories and positive stories once in a while, rather than a daily dose of doom & gloom. Call me crazy, but I think life is too short to focus only on what's wrong and ignoring nice stories like this one. Probably why I am such a happy go lucky type of person and find a lot of happiness in little things that other people sometimes don't understand.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:51 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,726,994 times
Quote:
Probably why I am such a happy go lucky type of person and find a lot of happiness in little things that other people sometimes don't understand.
Except your constantly-complaining posts about downtown Raleigh--happy-go-lucky indeed!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Except your constantly-complaining posts about downtown Raleigh--happy-go-lucky indeed!

Maybe you missed the parts when I said I like:
  • Fayetteville Street
  • Some of the well maintained McMansions around Five Points
  • The Shops at Oberlin Court
  • North Hills
  • Some of the mature landscaping
I have mentioned lots of things I like about Raleigh, but that "overall" I like Cary much better. I have also mentioned things I do not like about Cary. I do, however, love this great Valentine story at the Cary Starbucks. Happy Valentines day to you and all my wonderful friends here on City Data.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:36 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,726,994 times
^ North Hills is certainly not downtown Raleigh, nor is, really, Oberlin court or Five Points.

Happy VD (as we used to call it in college--NOT from personal experience!) Day to you and all, too!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:27 PM

584 posts, read 2,416,320 times
wow...look what I started and didn't even mean to.

And the coffee lawsuit hardly had merit. They argued that McDonalds served "defective" coffee cause it was too hot....

Old 02-14-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Happy VD (as we used to call it in college--NOT from personal experience!) Day to you and all, too!

After I finished laughing my rear end off, I tried giving you rep points for this, but I have to spread some around first. I will, however, be laughing all night over your post. Good job.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:38 PM

316 posts, read 1,003,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post
wow...look what I started and didn't even mean to.

And the coffee lawsuit hardly had merit. They argued that McDonalds served "defective" coffee cause it was too hot....
No, that was not the lawsuit at all. It is off topic for here, but do some research first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary