Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 07:25 PM

316 posts, read 1,006,467 times

Advertisements

I just had a chance to visit this little Italian Ice shop for the first time tonight in downtown Wake Forest. (My daughter is sick with a sore throat and said she wanted Italian Ice. I was about to run to Harris Teeter for the standard box stuff when I thought I'd surprise her with a treat.)

OMG! This stuff is to die for. I brought home the Blood Orange, Guava and Lime flavors that kiddo was craving, but they had chocolates, caramels and tirramissou flavors as well. (Finiky teenager pronouced all the flavors fantastic...even the lime which I wasn't sure she'd like.)

The place the busy enough (it's not overly large) there were people playing checkers, some teens sitting at a counter. The owner was dishing things out, but she also seemed to be training a new employee. Both were friendly.

It's not cheap however, but if you are going to use the calories...it's certainly the 'good stuff' and worth the price. This is a great addition to Wake Forest.

a la mode Home Page

Last edited by sergeisnotmyname; 02-15-2009 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: To make the link easier to read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 07:26 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,419 times
Wow, that sounds really good. Blood orange Italian ice? I'll have to get over to WF and try that. I've seen a Rita's or two around the Triangle, but haven't tried them.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:54 PM

149 posts, read 615,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
Wow, that sounds really good. Blood orange Italian ice? I'll have to get over to WF and try that. I've seen a Rita's or two around the Triangle, but haven't tried them.
Rita's is really good. We got turned on to them by my wife's brother in Jersey when we were still living in NY. We happened across one in Myrtle Beach, and then I discovered the one in Morrisville after I started working at Quintiles last year. It's not in a heavily populated area, but when we go, there always seems to be a good number of people there.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:42 AM

484 posts, read 1,367,288 times
Default Ritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelMan View Post
Rita's is really good. We got turned on to them by my wife's brother in Jersey when we were still living in NY. We happened across one in Myrtle Beach, and then I discovered the one in Morrisville after I started working at Quintiles last year. It's not in a heavily populated area, but when we go, there always seems to be a good number of people there.
I used to live a block from a Ritas in NJ and would walk there when my daughter was little all the time. I had no idea there was one in Morrisville. I need to get out more often. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 AM

149 posts, read 615,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsncharms View Post
I used to live a block from a Ritas in NJ and would walk there when my daughter was little all the time. I had no idea there was one in Morrisville. I need to get out more often. Thanks.
I believe it's near Davis Drive. There's a shopping center there, which almost seems to be plunked down in the middle of nowhere, anchored by a Harris Teeter.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:28 AM

47 posts, read 195,300 times
Does a la mode sell italian ice now? I remember that they have ice cream and gelato.....

Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 AM

147 posts, read 427,587 times
You can get the Blood Orange gelato at Harris Teeter. It is one of my favorites, though the wife likes the Blackberry Cabernet. Be sure to check the nutritional facts on the back of the flavors. The Chocolate the OG was talking about is as bad if not worse for you than Ben and Jerry's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary