Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM

178 posts, read 549,787 times

Advertisements

Dig into your recycling bin for the News Observer Wednesday March 4th paper.

Food section - 5D - Sweet Tomatoes coupon for a free meal when buying one adult meal and two drinks valid up to two pairs of two. Expires March 19, 2009

We have only been to the Cary location and we must go at off times because it's quiet and there aren't any lines. The food is fresh and I constantly see the staff refilling items and cleaning as well.

Funny about locations having different quality in a chain. If we wanted Souplantation when living in CA, we always went to the one in Marina Del Rey even if we were out running errands and closer to the Torrance location. Man, that Torrance location was always messy, loud and wilted...maybe because it was close to the mall and so busy? (This last paragraph only means something to the former CA posters. )

Anyway, happy savings with the coupon. The Sunday paper usually has a page of 8 coupons for ST once a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 12:10 PM

387 posts, read 1,028,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I went to the Cary one a while ago and didn't like it at all. I may not like Sweet Tomatoes in general though so I don't know if the Cary/Raleigh argument would help me.
I know, right?

Whole Foods Wade Avenue. Hello???

Old 03-09-2009, 07:41 AM

15 posts, read 28,487 times
I went to the one in Raleigh yesterday about 4pm and it was dead. It was clean and the food was hot and fresh and I have always loved this place. I live in Cary but was in Raleigh for something else so just want to find this location. My son is not a big veggie eater but loved the chicken noodle soup, the mac n cheese, the pizza bread the the "brownie" muffins. I used the coupon too....

Enjoy

Old 03-09-2009, 12:59 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyesq View Post
I went to the one in Raleigh yesterday about 4pm and it was dead. It was clean and the food was hot and fresh and I have always loved this place. I live in Cary but was in Raleigh for something else so just want to find this location. My son is not a big veggie eater but loved the chicken noodle soup, the mac n cheese, the pizza bread the the "brownie" muffins. I used the coupon too....

Enjoy
We went there too at 11 AM yesterday.

Good veggie soup. Richest I've ever eaten.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,069 times
Our family is from CA as well and we plan on takimg a trip from our current residence in PA to the Sweet Tomatoes in NC. based on these reviews, we will DEFINITELY be dining in the Cary location. does anybody have a recommendation for a good hotel near the Cary restaurant, preferably within walking distance?

Old 12-30-2011, 01:13 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I've eaten at the Raleigh location a few times...always clean, wait staff is very friendly.

Vicki

Old 12-30-2011, 01:50 PM

459 posts, read 757,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriptime View Post
Our family is from CA as well and we plan on takimg a trip from our current residence in PA to the Sweet Tomatoes in NC. based on these reviews, we will DEFINITELY be dining in the Cary location. does anybody have a recommendation for a good hotel near the Cary restaurant, preferably within walking distance?
There is a Holiday Inn on Dillard Drive. We stayed there once several years ago when we had no power due to an ice storm. Right behind it is a brand new Hilton Garden Inn (on Columbus Ave) I think its opened by now but not really sure. Then right behind that one is a DoubleTree Hotel (on Caitboo Ave) thats a couple of years old. They are all in the same area and looks like about 1/2 mile to Sweet Tomatoes.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:27 PM

260 posts, read 637,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
Cary beats Raleigh by miles
I concur. We used to visit Cary location 2+ times a week when kids were little. We still manage to go 2+ times a month. My family loves to dine at Sweet Tamatoes.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:12 PM

60 posts, read 129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorinCary View Post
There is a Holiday Inn on Dillard Drive. We stayed there once several years ago when we had no power due to an ice storm. Right behind it is a brand new Hilton Garden Inn (on Columbus Ave) I think its opened by now but not really sure. Then right behind that one is a DoubleTree Hotel (on Caitboo Ave) thats a couple of years old. They are all in the same area and looks like about 1/2 mile to Sweet Tomatoes.
To OP I would not suggest if staying in any of these hotels walking to the Sweet Tomatoes. If you have a car, use it, as crossing Dillard Drive on foot would be dangerous considering the traffic on that major road. I did that once while having car work done and wouldn't choose to do it again.

Also second Cary over Raleigh and make sure to visit their website and checkout their coupons.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,446,794 times
Souper Salad in Durham is a similar option.

My problem with Sweet Tomatoes (only been to Raleigh) is that they usually have all the cool menu items that the web site advertises nationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary