Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 AM

214 posts, read 1,002,355 times

Advertisements

I get their pizza dough too, and love making homemade pizzas with it, you can't beat the price of $1 a bag either!

Their Goddess Salad Dressing is also really good, as is their frozen french onion soup! Oh and every once in a while I will get their frozen shrimp tempura....hmmm, I think there might be a trip to Trader Joe's in my errands run today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryGal View Post
I get their pizza dough too, and love making homemade pizzas with it, you can't beat the price of $1 a bag either!

Their Goddess Salad Dressing is also really good, as is their frozen french onion soup! Oh and every once in a while I will get their frozen shrimp tempura....hmmm, I think there might be a trip to Trader Joe's in my errands run today!
The shrimp tempura sounds pretty good.

See ya there!!!

Vicki

Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Everyone always acts like Trader Joe's is the greatest food place on earth and yet, when I go, I'm never that impressed.

Thanks for all the suggestions...I'm heading out...

Vicki
I hear you, I feel the same way. But I do occassionally find some good/interesting stuff in there. I liked their Christmas cookies a lot. The asparagus was good, but I'm not sure it was necessarily better than anyone elses.
When I do go there, which isn't all that often, I just try to make a point of trying something new. Some is good, some is not, and some is comparable to other stores. We had their frozen general's chicken the other night (with that fried rice you are going to pick up!) which was definitely better than what I've had from any of the other stores (got some at Sam's that was NASTY). So, just experiment while you're in there! Pick up something new!

Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 AM

451 posts, read 1,654,056 times
Pizza dough.
Peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets.
Two-buck Chuck, though it's $3 in NC.
4-pack of artichokes.
Bran muffins w/ 13 or so grams of fiber - I don't like but dietitian wife does.
They now have Arrogant Bastard from Stone Brewery, my favorite brewery.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 AM

451 posts, read 1,654,056 times
I forgot the jalapeno-stuffed green olives!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 AM

19 posts, read 55,731 times
I'm enjoying a salad with their Tuscan Italian Dressing w/ Balsamic as I type! Tried the Teriyaki Chicken last time...just OK. The wife and I are big fans of the Orange Chicken (I think it's right next to that veggie fried rice).

Last edited by CTravis; 02-19-2009 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 02-19-2009, 11:24 AM

121 posts, read 381,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Everyone always acts like Trader Joe's is the greatest food place on earth and yet, when I go, I'm never that impressed.
Yeah, I heard how great it was from my in-laws before it opened up in the Triangle. Once it opened, I was very underwhelmed.

My main quibble with them is that they do a poor job labeling the country of origin on the seafood.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:20 PM

744 posts, read 1,262,921 times
The problem with Trader Joe's is that they have great prices-- but a lot of it is on stuff I shouldn't be eating! Yes, chocolate covered dried bing cherries is 1/3 the price of Southern Season, but should I be eating that in the frist place?

That said, every time I'm there I have to get their thai chili lime cashews, chili dried mango, and TJ's Greek style yogurt and Organic yogurt (very good price). Their beers are very good as well. I highly recommend their Vienna Lager or Gila Monster beers. A good value at $5.99. Lastly, I use TJ's fennel toothpaste (cheaper than Tom's of Maine) and their Tea Tree Tingle products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash). The tingling is invigorating in the morning.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:22 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,266 times
We love the popped chips, they aren't fat free, but much lighter than reg chips. Like the pretzel chip things too, esp w/Nutella! We also LOVE the little chocolate ganache cake in the freezer, don't read the label...its near deadly, but for a very seldom treat, its a great dessert. The chocolate lava cakes are also great, again...not low fat! The little lava cakes heat up in the micro, and if you garnish the plate with a rasp. sauce, berries or fudge and sprinkle with powdered sugar or whipped cream, its just like a restaurant dessert. I love these little cookies, Almond Butter thins. They are about as thick as an envelope, very crispy and sweet. My sons crunch them onto ice cream. The Mongolian chicken (freezer) is really good, its all white meat nuggets. The TJ hand cream is also really good, and they have unscented for my guys.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:35 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
So, Vickie, whad'ya get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary