Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 08:57 AM

123 posts, read 611,537 times

Advertisements

Curious what other peoples experiences are with WCPSS buses? My child's bus seems to have no real pickup time. It will arrive somewhere between 6:15 and 7 am. It was very cold this morning so it wasn't a fun wait! Is this the norm here in wake county? What have other experiences been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,933,782 times
When my oldest daughter was in middle school her bus pickup time was 5:45 a.m.! We carpooled with a neighbor instead. They expected her to spend 1:45 on a bus that traveled from North Raleigh to a school closer in the city (which was also on an early start (7:30) pilot program for middle schools). Of course, this was the year after the WCPSS transportation system told us "we don't have a bus to go out there to North Raleigh for this school."

I so don't miss Wake County . . .

Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,587,046 times
When we lived in South Raleigh and were assigned to schools in Apex (..yeah.) the bus was "supposed to" come for my son's high school at 6:00 to get to Apex High by 6:50. Obviously we weren't up at the bus stop with him but many times when the bus would come early at 5:45 or late at 7:15 (10 minutes before school was supposed to start) one of us would have to drive him the 35 minutes to Apex ourselves. Daughter's bus to Penny Road elementary and later Apex middle had about the same problem only on a little later schedule.

We moved to Apex to fix this problem (As well as for many other reasons)...and then they reassigned half the town to Panther Creek (25 minutes away) for my daughter's freshman year!

We don't miss WCPSS too much either!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
Ours is usually very timely, almost to the minute, but we have a very experienced driver who has had the same route for years. The only time I notice differences is when they have a sub driver.
I know that theoretically they are supposed to have a 15 minute window, so if it's regularly more than that, I'd probably call someone (I don't know if the principal or the transportation people) and ask them about it. Our bus comes at 7:45 am and the kids are supposed to be there at 7:30.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:20 AM

280 posts, read 741,138 times
Our driver is extremely punctual, she arrives at our stop at 8:26 am - she even waits at the entrance of the subdivison if she is early and comes to the actual bus stop at her usual time.But our elementary school is just 3 miles away.So I guess it depends on the driver and how far the school is from your stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary