Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 PM

484 posts, read 1,366,824 times

Advertisements

My family and I ate here tonight and they were great! The people working there were nice and the place looked so clean. They have been at this location for a week. Another Philly sort of place was there and I guess went out of business before they moved in. They are in the Maynard Crossing shopping center by Kroger. They also have another place in Holly Springs.
We all got sandwiches and fries and the owner gave us an order or home made chips, which is fried potatoes and they have ranch or blue cheese to dip them in. I usually eat pretty healthy, but I splurge every now and than. They have a good sized menu too with sandwiches, salads sides and also sell Boarshead products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM

187 posts, read 803,249 times
Default Fat Philly's is AWESOME!!!!! ;-)

So, love living in NC moved here from the Philly area. Every now & then get a craving for some authentic cheese steaks. Fat Philly's is the closest I have found in the area! They use Amoroso's rolls. SO glad I don't have to drive all the way to Holly Springs anymore!!!! ;-)

Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 PM

149 posts, read 615,433 times
Not from Philly, I hail from Brooklyn, and I am a die-hard Mets fan... (I've already decided to hate you two... ) However, I am also a die-hard fan of cheesesteaks (I have some family on my father's side from Philly), so I may have to take a trip to see this joint.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:17 AM

15 posts, read 72,893 times
TarHeelMan I was born in the Bronx, lived In Westchester, moved down here in June and I too am a die-hard Mets fan.. Let' Go Mets.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:42 AM

249 posts, read 691,772 times
Heh, funny that someone would start a thread on this today. I just ate at the Holly Springs location for the first time yesterday. Personally, I was not that impressed. Maybe I just got unlucky, but my cheesesteak sub was very salty. Maybe Ill try it again sometime, but seeing that I paid 10 bucks for a 6 inch sub, fries and soda, Ill take Subways 5 dollar footlong any day of the week.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:38 AM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
Well because of this thread I tried the Fat Philly's Holly Springs location on my lunch break today, and have to say it was quite tasty. I've had better cheese steaks, but I've had a lot worse. I live around the corner from the new Cary location, so I might be in there more than my gut (and wife) would like!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM
JKS

55 posts, read 174,188 times
I am from Philly and Fat Philly's is the best steak I've had outside of PA (North Jersey is average at best, South Jersey or the shore is good). The rolls do make the difference. That being said, they are quite pricey $9+ for a 12" which is at least $2 more than what you'd find in Philly.

I wish they would have soft pretzels as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary