Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:03 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times

Advertisements

As I suspected, people talking down the area are full of hooey. The Triangle area traffic is not nearly as bad as "some" would like others to believe, according to this study. However, I have seen insane traffic on Capital Blvd in Raleigh and just awful traffic in Chapel Hill, which are the exceptions. Most places I travel aren't bad at all, so it's great to see that it is better overall than what is put out there.

Study: Triangle traffic not too bad :: WRAL.com

"Raleigh, N.C. — Traffic congestion in the Triangle isn't as bad as most area drivers make it out to be, a new study says."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM

746 posts, read 2,246,990 times
from the annals of Well, DUH, check out the story on the Cross Bronx Expressway - on the front page of wcbs880.com

Old 02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
.-.

157 posts, read 370,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
As I suspected, people talking down the area are full of hooey. The Triangle area traffic is not nearly as bad as "some" would like others to believe, according to this study. However, I have seen insane traffic on Capital Blvd in Raleigh and just awful traffic in Chapel Hill, which are the exceptions. Most places I travel aren't bad at all, so it's great to see that it is better overall than what is put out there.

Study: Triangle traffic not too bad :: WRAL.com

"Raleigh, N.C. — Traffic congestion in the Triangle isn't as bad as most area drivers make it out to be, a new study says."
Yeah and it's getting better all the time:
Nortel to slash another 3,200 jobs :: WRAL.com

Last edited by .-.; 02-25-2009 at 04:33 PM..

Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .-. View Post
Yeah and it's getting better all the time:
Nortel to slash another 3,200 jobs :: WRAL.com
Nortel will be gone from here soon. Fidelity will end up buying the campus from them.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:08 PM

305 posts, read 713,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Traffic congestion in the Triangle isn't as bad as most area drivers make it out to be.
Of course not.
To anyone considering North Carolina as their future home, come on down, the water's fine, paradise awaits you.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:01 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,135 times
Yeah...I have actually noticed much less congestion in the past few months on my home from the RTP. It used to be that if I left work after 4:30 it was parking lot city, and with the exception of Friday afternoons its always moving. I guess this is one positive aspect of the recession, although I would much rather have a healthy economy and bad traffic any day.

Mike

Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 PM

675 posts, read 1,832,554 times
Absolutely. Provided one isn't trying to get in or out of the hyper-congestion of Cary, Triangle traffic is not bad at all.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 AM

88 posts, read 321,030 times
Traffic could be better at certain times of the day...I guess with people getting laid off left and right and not having a job to drive to during the high congestion times will definetly improve things...that doesn't mean that local municipalities don't need to prepare for future growth

Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 AM

451 posts, read 1,653,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyO View Post
Absolutely. Provided one isn't trying to get in or out of the hyper-congestion of Cary, Triangle traffic is not bad at all.
I don't see this at all. What parts of Cary do people here consider hyper-congested? I can understand the 55 or Davis Drive, but much of that is people headed through Cary, not to Cary.

From my limited time here, I've experienced much worse traffic in Raleigh and Durham than any part of Cary (omitting construction in any of these areas, of course).

Old 02-26-2009, 04:26 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
I don't see this at all. What parts of Cary do people here consider hyper-congested? I can understand the 55 or Davis Drive, but much of that is people headed through Cary, not to Cary.

From my limited time here, I've experienced much worse traffic in Raleigh and Durham than any part of Cary (omitting construction in any of these areas, of course).
I think it is another situation of throwing a blanket statement over an entire town for something someone saw in one area. Usually people are referring to Interstate 40, which cuts through many towns and cities, Cary being one of them. Luckily I never have to use it. My travel in Cary is always extremely good. I travel side roads with very little traffic. For the little bit I am on 55, it flows well. The layout of the Cary road system is far superior than many parts of Raleigh & Durham, with the exception of downtown Cary itself. The older parts of the Triangle were not built for the population we have. That's why I like the newer parts, as they were designed for mass migration. My location in NW Cary is absolutely phenomenal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary