Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 05:34 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,326,356 times

Advertisements

Oh mother of sweet Tar-heel! Can you believe its finally Friday? This is like day 9 of this work week..and February is a short month but I think its one of the longest months on record. But anyway its almost the weekend and to all make sure you take the time to see the area. Rain is on tap but what in the world is an umbrella for anyway? To use and lose, right? To open and blow open? To outside in and inside out, right?

As I review the the past weeks threads I got to thinking....no not burning or smoking at least not yet. My mind only slowly smolders when I think, like a smoker filled with fish! Anyway.....with tongue N cheek I state the following:

So many comment that they want to come here to start a family. I often wonder if anyone comes here to end a family?

So many comment the roads are crowded and hard to navigate? I often wonder where roads with many cars on them are NOT crowded and where the cars navigate themselves around?

So many comment that cars and homes are broken into. So I wonder if anyone goes around a locks unlocked cars or shuts open gates of neighborhood homes, or makes sure their neighbors doors are lock...from the inside?

So many comment on all the trash along the highways, neighbor streets? I wonder how many make it a point to sign up and donate some time to clean those places up? Or pick up that trash I you walk and explore that park or street. I see some!

So many comment on home prices. How come no one comments on their declining Car values?

I read about the Parking lot stereo salesmen. They were one parked car away from selling out I heard??? Brings whole new meaning to the term 'sounds' to good to be true! What's next? The mail order head of lettuce salesman? The 'Set it and forget it' concrete company?

But all in all this is still an awesome place to live, perfect it is not but what I have been told is that I have to wait a long time to get to the perfect place and that is all right with me!

Enjoy your weekend, laugh till you sweat and sweat till you laugh! Enjoy all you triangular thinking thinkers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 05:49 AM

15 posts, read 72,833 times
Dan, This is great ! I Have a answer to one of your questions. I came here to end a family. I left New York to get far way from them . North Carolina is a great place to live .

Last edited by DEBBIE17; 02-27-2009 at 06:31 AM..

Old 02-27-2009, 06:13 AM

5,732 posts, read 17,553,351 times
Every day is a Friday for me I have no idea what date it is. Is it still February?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary