Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 PM

182 posts, read 386,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
of all your other posts that I agree wholehearedly with, on this count you're not quite right.

You have to have money, and they have to like you, and then you have to wait between 4 and 7 years, depending on the economy.

There are people that move here from out of town, have never lived nor known anyone in Raleigh and joined.
I defer to you more current knowledge. mine is old for sure

Old 02-24-2012, 06:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
A good title for the thread would be "sour grapes."
Why? People may be embellishing some, but you can't deny that it's a hard place to get into. I never thought about it, but I just now realized that if this sort of thing was a priority to me, I do know several members in good standing and could no doubt get someone to sponsor me.

I just don't really care about joining a club I'd have to jump through hoops to join. This is likely why I never joined a sorority.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:13 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,286,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

I just don't really care about joining a club I'd have to jump through hoops to join. This is likely why I never joined a sorority.
It's the self-righteous criticism, implicit and explicit, directed toward people who are interested in joining clubs and sororities. Bottom line -- mind your own business. Don't join. The Sheriff is not going to show up with a warrant compelling you to apply. Chances are that nobody at the Club or the Sorority will feel deprived if you don't. But seriously, mind your own business. People at this Club are entitled to some privacy, just like anyone else.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 AM

182 posts, read 386,266 times
well that should clear up any misconceptions

Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexWolfpacker View Post
LOL! Indeed.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
It's the self-righteous criticism, implicit and explicit, directed toward people who are interested in joining clubs and sororities. Bottom line -- mind your own business. Don't join. The Sheriff is not going to show up with a warrant compelling you to apply. Chances are that nobody at the Club or the Sorority will feel deprived if you don't. But seriously, mind your own business. People at this Club are entitled to some privacy, just like anyone else.
Woah! Is someone back there (didn't read all the posts) outing CCC members against their wishes?

Oh no!

I kid. This is bizarre logic. It doesn't sound like, from the posts I did read, that everyone hates country clubs in general. I've tossed around the idea of joining one recently. We've not decided if we have enough of a desire to do it now. But, maybe later. Not CCC. It's not convenient for us, and we don't feel it's worth the money. For us.

Others think so. So they join. No biggie.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,286,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexWolfpacker View Post
I seriously doubt it. For the record, I am NOT a spokesman for the CCC, I am NOT an employee of the CCC, and I am NOT a member of the CCC, or anything like it. I am just someone who dislikes busybodies and their endless opinions. Mind your own business, which does not include the affairs of a private club unless you are a member of that club.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
People come here specifically to read people's opinions. I think if you don't want to read people's opinions on a certain topic, just skip reading the thread!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:06 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
People come here specifically to read people's opinions. I think if you don't want to read people's opinions on a certain topic, just skip reading the thread!
Sour grapes indeed!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:39 AM

487 posts, read 890,644 times
To all the people who are outraged that the CCC members want to be in an exclusive club away from poorer people ... would you choose to live in the middle of a trailer park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary