Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM

75 posts, read 233,518 times

Advertisements

Hello there,

Hoping that many of you can tell me about those news stations! I'm very, very excited to watch most important news of all in North Carolina, because we are move there just few miles away from Raleigh.

I've been told that WRAL is number one! That they're the best newscast that they've ever seen.

I don't see how, but I can tell that it's very good.

But..what about closed captions from those news stations? Is it very good and understandable to read?

I hope that I won't regret for moving to watch this important news!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
WRAL, ABC 11 and FOX50 all broadcast news in HD, while NBC17 does not. WRAL and FOX50 share news operations.

Beyond that, I don't see a huge difference among all the stations in what they cover. Each provides the same basic information, so it really comes down to style and presentation.

I often watch WRAL, but I find Greg Fischel (weather) annoying. For the life of me I can't figure out why he thinks all of us want to know the esoteric meteorological details that lead to his weather forcasts. I don't care HOW the weatherman gets his/her forecast, I care WHAT the forecast is. I'm not a Junior Meteorologist in Training.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
WRAL, ABC 11 and FOX50 all broadcast news in HD, while NBC17 does not. WRAL and FOX50 share news operations.

Beyond that, I don't see a huge difference among all the stations in what they cover. Each provides the same basic information, so it really comes down to style and presentation.

I often watch WRAL, but I find Greg Fischel (weather) annoying. For the life of me I can't figure out why he thinks all of us want to know the esoteric meteorological details that lead to his weather forcasts. I don't care HOW the weatherman gets his/her forecast, I care WHAT the forecast is. I'm not a Junior Meteorologist in Training.
Thanks for telling me that, but I think you missed my question. I wanna to know about closed captions from this news stations. Just want to know, that's all. No harm done.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post

I often watch WRAL, but I find Greg Fischel (weather) annoying.
Greg Fischel annoying....haven't heard that one before

Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM

106 posts, read 319,355 times
Are you trying to figure out if they do closed captioning or if it is any good? That info you could get from the station website and whether it is any good would really be a matter of personal choice, I would think.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardita View Post
Are you trying to figure out if they do closed captioning or if it is any good? That info you could get from the station website and whether it is any good would really be a matter of personal choice, I would think.
Hey, I do care. It's just that it's so unbearable for me to watch local news stations where I live in the eastern north carolina. Closed captions in their stations are really, really horrible and it's really hard for me to understand and closed captions comes up too fast. That I complain for that matter!

And they don't do their HD newscasts at all!

That's why I do care to check to see it isn't like what I do watch here. All I care for PERFECT closed captions, so I can understand much better.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:06 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
I sure could use some closed captions right about now myself.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:32 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBradin85 View Post
Thanks for telling me that, but I think you missed my question. I wanna to know about closed captions from this news stations. Just want to know, that's all. No harm done.
My apologies for missing that. I thought that was just one thing about the news you were interested in. I can't speak to the quality of their closed captioning. I would hope it's good enough for those who need it to be able to use it, but it sounds like that's not always the case.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 AM

25 posts, read 78,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I sure could use some closed captions right about now myself.

Thank you for making me laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary