U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:48 PM

49 posts, read 120,286 times
Default Lil Kickers Soccer for kids

Has anyone put their kids in Lil kickers? I've seen their flyer somewhere, but can't seem to find any info on it online. If you've put your child in it, please share! I'm interested in putting my 4yr old son in it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
rfb

1,303 posts, read 3,185,757 times
We put my (then) 3 year old son in Lil Kickers and were not very impressed. We spent our time playing around, and very little learning anything related to soccer, with instructors who seemed more interested in minimizing their effort vs. teaching the children. We were disappointing enough not to finish out the full program that we had paid for.

We much prefer the Kinder Kixx program that is offered through my son's preschool/childcare facility. He has learned a lot of the basics of soccer while having a fun time doing so.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 PM

733 posts, read 1,360,930 times
I guess it all depends on what you are hoping to get out of the experience. I think Lil kickers is great - at the Factory in Wake Forest. Not too expensive, convenient hours, lots of fun opportunities while waiting, easy access and parking for the 'rents. If it's drilling and competing you are interested in, probably not the best program. If it's getting the concept of playing together with other kids and gross motor of using your feet - and meeting other kids and parents, then it's fantastic. :thumbsup:

Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 PM

65 posts, read 78,426 times
We did Lil Kickers at DreamSports and we did not enjoy the program. It was not structured in the sense that the activities dragged out much longer than they should have. For example, on the first day, the kids did six different activities and everyone enjoyed them. By the last class, the instructors stretched out three activities to cover forty-five minutes. It all depends on where you go and who instructs the kids. Good luck.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:53 PM

41 posts, read 155,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NcerfromNY View Post
I guess it all depends on what you are hoping to get out of the experience. I think Lil kickers is great - at the Factory in Wake Forest. Not too expensive, convenient hours, lots of fun opportunities while waiting, easy access and parking for the 'rents. If it's drilling and competing you are interested in, probably not the best program. If it's getting the concept of playing together with other kids and gross motor of using your feet - and meeting other kids and parents, then it's fantastic. :thumbsup:
I completely agree with this. I haven't been to the Factory in Wake Forest, but our toddler does Lil Kickers at Dream Sports and we love it for all the reasons that you listed. Our little boy is only 3, and so for us it was more about getting him socialized with other children and involved in an extra curricular activity (that he LOVES doing, by the way) and less about drilling him on the foundations of soccer (even though he has learned some).

Many Lil Kickers locations (it's a franchise though, so it depends which one you go to I think) offer free trials. So, I would recommend going to one or two classes and seeing what you think before you pay the money and sign your child up.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:59 AM

834 posts, read 2,298,634 times
CASL has a program for 4 year olds that I think is great. My daughter who is 4 started last fall and is back again this spring- turning 5 this summer. It's 1 1/2 hours- 1 day a week. 45 minutes of teaching skills then 45 minutes of 3 on 3 "games". Games are not take seriously because parents keep ball in bounds and there are no goalies, but the kids enjoy it.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 AM

494 posts, read 791,942 times
my son has been in lil kickers at the factory since he was 2,he is now 4 1/2.As of Feb,'09 they are no longer lil kickers.A new company has bought them out and they are now known as Turf Tikes.I must ad the new management has done a great job turning this thing around,and all of the concerns previously dicussed here have been rectified.After 2 years and a declining program we too were about to pull our son out if it were not for the fact that HE liked it,and after all thats all that matters,but the new program is great.We love it,and the large turn out now every week tells me it's going well.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 AM

834 posts, read 2,298,634 times
The website for CASL is www.caslnc.com. Look under recreational then U-5....under 5.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 AM

351 posts, read 455,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
my son has been in lil kickers at the factory since he was 2,he is now 4 1/2.As of Feb,'09 they are no longer lil kickers.A new company has bought them out and they are now known as Turf Tikes.I must ad the new management has done a great job turning this thing around,and all of the concerns previously dicussed here have been rectified.After 2 years and a declining program we too were about to pull our son out if it were not for the fact that HE liked it,and after all thats all that matters,but the new program is great.We love it,and the large turn out now every week tells me it's going well.
Is it new management for MVP Sports or just the soccer program? I wasn't thrilled with Lil Kickers -- but the facilities themselves were also run down and dirty. Just wondering if that improved too...

Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM

494 posts, read 791,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
Is it new management for MVP Sports or just the soccer program? I wasn't thrilled with Lil Kickers -- but the facilities themselves were also run down and dirty. Just wondering if that improved too...
MVP sports.They have cleaned it up alot,and are doing many renovations.Not there yet but it is improving every week.Adding tumbling program,gymnastics where the batting cages were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary