Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM

65 posts, read 266,903 times

Advertisements

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq274/a10ace/lift.jpg (broken link)

problem solved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 11:59 AM

8 posts, read 18,923 times
this is funny. I was down RD/Cary 2 weeks ago visiting from Boston. As far as road conditions..you do not know how good you have it.. the road plan planning on the other hand left ALOT to be desired. I was shocked at how scarey some of the intersections were and this is coming from a Boston driver.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 PM

447 posts, read 1,718,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
My problem with the potholes around here is that the roads seem to have never been paved properly from the beginning. It seems to me like they were in a hurry, or the road contractor was trying to save money and didn't put down a proper base, most of the potholes have mud in them, proof that they didn't even bother to put down a layer of stone before laying the asphalt. And then they repave over the old and for whatever reason the new asphalt doesn't adhere to the old and something as simple as plowing snow literaly destroys the road, this sure doesn't happen up north, they are plowing all winter and don't rip up the road, so I definitely believe that the DOT really has to find out what the problem is and fix it now the right way so the roads don't have to be constantly patched, after all a patched road is an ugly road, and we are all so superficial here in the triangle
One problem is that this area grew so fast that they could not keep up. And I am sure there were a lot of cut corners. Heck the 40 expansion and the 540 expansion were not done to spec and had to be repaired.

One of the problems here is that while the area expanded, the impact fees that help pay for new roads stayed low. It was one of my problems with the sprawl here, the sprawlers were not being required to pay for the problems they were causing. And the problem now is, more roads, less money and no chance of getting more money.

I just kind of have to shrug at the pothole issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary