Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,049,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
If I can ask a related question, I understand that in NC anything classified as a "night club" has to be technically a private, members-only club. My partner and I are planning on visiting (from Delaware) in April. Can you buy a membership effective immediately at the door? Is there a waiting period? Sounds crazy, but I saw one place that had its membership rules on its website and one of these said that a membership didn't take effect until 3 days after submitting an application (sounds like buying a handgun)! How do places handle walk-up business, visitors/tourists?
Sometimes the only difference between having a membership and not having one is a slight difference in cover charge at the door.
I agree that this is pretty liberally interpreted and you shouldn't have a problem. If it becomes one, then just find someone in line who is willing to call you their "guest". It really shouldn't be a problem though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:51 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,049,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Glenwood Avenue South has a bunch of Bars and Clubs all down one street. Various libations and music can be found at each depending on the night.

Haven
Solas
Bogarts
Red Room
Hi-5
The Porch
The Bassment
Hibernian
The George Wine Bar
The Globe
Amras
Brooklyn Heights
The Black Flower
Stool Pigeons
Tobacco Road Sports Bar
Mosaic

A short walk from Glenwood will take you to:
Napper Tandy's Irish Pub
Blue Martini

There are a few more places near Glenwood Avenue but their names escape me right now.

You could also hop on the free R-Line bus circulator (it runs from 7am-2:14am) and hit other parts of downtown like Fayetteville Street and Moore Square, and the Warehouse District that have additional bars and clubs.

For More Info:
ZSpotlight Nightlife-Raleigh bars and clubs
Get Around :: R-LINE :: Downtown Raleigh
Napper Tandy's and 42nd Street are on the same corner and both of them have live music often. Both are restaurants that turn into bars at night. And, given their location, they are midpoint between Glenwood South and the Warehouse district. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary