Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 05:42 AM

455 posts, read 918,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
It was suppoused to be on TV but was blacked out at the last moment....urgh! Sounds like it was fantastic!

One more to make it to the next round!
Locally it was on Fox Sports / Fox Sports HD, however for the first period or so, the SD Fox Sports (50 on TWC) was showing color bars. The HD feed never had any interruptions. Nationally, it was shown on Versus/Versus HD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 AM

351 posts, read 770,294 times
Ward doesn't even get a nod for the Vezina!!!! WTF????

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM

82 posts, read 278,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
Ward doesn't even get a nod for the Vezina!!!! WTF????
Unfortunately, Cam was 12th in GAA and 14th in Save % for the season. You're not going to win too many Vezina's with that. He's obviously been one of the hottest down the stretch, but the award is for the whole season. If he keeps playing like he has been, there is a Vezina in his future though.

I remember a great quote during our '06 Cup run by Stan Fischler, the infamous hockey "Maven" who works the Devils and Ranger broadcasts on MSG. During the Devils/Canes series after Cam had a great game, he downplayed his effort by saying, "Well, he's not exactly the second coming of George Vezina." Not sure what Stan has to say lately about Cam, I wish I could have heard him after the 4-0 Shutout the other night.

Go 'Canes tonight, and win Game 7 !!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 AM

167 posts, read 566,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I wish I had seen this!
We were in 103, not far away at all.

That place can definitely get loud!

What a great game. I was delighted to see Stahl score twice. The Canes need his offensive contribution.
I was talking in the parking lot with Canes fans who have transplanted from other NHL cities (Buffalo, Chicago, Boston and San Jose). And we all talked about how there's so much more tailgating at Canes game than in other cities. My mom said on her local (San Jose) feed the newscasters pointed out that fans had been in the parking lot since 2:00pm for our 7:30 game.

I think we figured out why we're the loudest fans in the NHL.

fingers crossed for tonight! go canes!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Game7, take it to 'em boys!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Game7, take it to 'em boys!

Do you suppose I should be wearing my lucky Canes '06 T shirt to watch the game tonight?
The same one that I wore Sunday Night?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,790,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithiekat View Post
I was talking in the parking lot with Canes fans who have transplanted from other NHL cities (Buffalo, Chicago, Boston and San Jose). And we all talked about how there's so much more tailgating at Canes game than in other cities. My mom said on her local (San Jose) feed the newscasters pointed out that fans had been in the parking lot since 2:00pm for our 7:30 game.

I think we figured out why we're the loudest fans in the NHL.

fingers crossed for tonight! go canes!!!!
There's absolutely no tailgating in Detroit... but not because the fans aren't passionate, because it's so damned cold!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Do you suppose I should be wearing my lucky Canes '06 T shirt to watch the game tonight?
The same one that I wore Sunday Night?

YES

Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I need tickets!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:24 PM

351 posts, read 770,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshack View Post
Unfortunately, Cam was 12th in GAA and 14th in Save % for the season. You're not going to win too many Vezina's with that. He's obviously been one of the hottest down the stretch, but the award is for the whole season. If he keeps playing like he has been, there is a Vezina in his future though.

I remember a great quote during our '06 Cup run by Stan Fischler, the infamous hockey "Maven" who works the Devils and Ranger broadcasts on MSG. During the Devils/Canes series after Cam had a great game, he downplayed his effort by saying, "Well, he's not exactly the second coming of George Vezina." Not sure what Stan has to say lately about Cam, I wish I could have heard him after the 4-0 Shutout the other night.

Go 'Canes tonight, and win Game 7 !!!!
With comments like that he's more like the second coming of Rodney Dangerfield - no respect!

After nights like this -- who cares -- he's been getting the job done when it counts the most!

Bring on Boston!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary