Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:44 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,517 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had any experience with countrywide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 10:20 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Has anyone had any experience with countrywide?
Our morgage was sold to them...no problems in three years. They send the statement, we pay it.....lol.

They are quick with year end paperwork, no escrow issues.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:40 AM

36 posts, read 214,415 times
I've had them for years... never had a problem.

Now Dovenmuehle mortgage... don't get me started on them, lol!!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:43 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,861 times
I believe that Countrywide Home Mortage is one of the companies that just went under and needs to present itself to a Senate hearing with New Century Mortgage because unethical practices.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:25 AM

133 posts, read 711,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused and relocating View Post
I believe that Countrywide Home Mortage is one of the companies that just went under and needs to present itself to a Senate hearing with New Century Mortgage because unethical practices.
Really? Would like to know if anyone has credible info on this that they can share. Our current mortgage is w/ them. Never had a problem...yet.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:32 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi2nc View Post
Really? Would like to know if anyone has credible info on this that they can share. Our current mortgage is w/ them. Never had a problem...yet.
I news googled when I read this....seems to be their issues are in the subprime areas with the 'creative' no money down and assorted other exotic mortgages. Seems they've completely stopped writing some sorts all together. This link has some articles.

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid...=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Since my mortgage was a very traditional one I am not sure what that means for us if anything.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,969 times
We used CountryWide for our loan on our home in NJ (bout 6 years). For the most part they were okay but I didn't care for them. Not very friendly and we tried to get a home equity loan once (our credit wasn't so good at the time) and the bad credit dept said our credit was too good to qualify and the regular loan dept kept sending us to the bad credit dept. It never got resolved, never found anyone to help us. Very frustrating!

Personally, I wouldn't use them again. Nor Suntrust (our current mortage co) - they cost us a couple thousand dollars on this loan as the loan officer took it upon herself to NOT lock in the rate for the time period I told her and we had to close months earlier than we wanted while we still had to pay for an apt.

I'd check out Wachovia, its who we will go with if we refinance anytime in the future. I'll re research it but our experience with them with our banking has been very good.

Lauren

Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times
OUr last two homes had our loan sold to Countrywide. No problems as others have already stated. quick efficient and the few times I spoke to them pleasant and nice. On this house we used a private mortgage broker and he got us our loan through B of A. They were terrible with our closing and could not seem to close as promised on two seperate occasions due to them being behind on our paperwork. Very dissapointing.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:11 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times
Our mortgage was sole to them. We haven't had any problems with them. I think I've called customer service once, and they were very pleasant. I do wish they would let us pay our mortgage with credit card like some other companies so that we could rack up those bonus points! We have friends that fly several times a year on their miles from paying their mortgage by credit card.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:32 PM

106 posts, read 733,455 times
While I don't use them personally, I have only heard less than positive things about them. Mostly, about some "shady" practices on their inside, but since I don't use them, I never dug into those comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary