Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:24 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,063,479 times

Advertisements

Kitts Creek you're talking about, right? (Brentwood has huge trees.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
We went on a really sunny day and didn't see a tree that was taller than a house. Very pretty but the opposite of Woodcroft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 AM

299 posts, read 633,962 times
Have you looked at any of the subdivisions in Holly Springs? I'm thinking of Sunset Oaks or Sunset Ridge due to the mention of children, pools, and activities. This area is really growing and with the eventual building of the bypass, along with the current building of the usual big box stores, it might be a good investment, too. I love it here and have found we are within 15 minutes of almost anything we need and everything is within 30 minutes or less.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 AM

19 posts, read 51,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyssny View Post
We are moving over the summer with our 3 kids 6,4, and 2 from nyc. Our price range is 300,000 max and we work from home. We are looking for a subdivision with sidewalks, pool, parks, and stores. Also our kids are very active in sports and other activities so a place where these things are close. We have visted the area many times and are familiar with them. We love bedford but not the yards.Wakefield but no sidewalks. Heritage is a little too far out. Cary Park is Also not a good location for us. Does anybody have any suggestions for ? We have also looked at Harrington grove, long lake, wyngate, Dominion park. Please help!

Southall is in Northeast Raleigh and has 550 homes, with sidewalks, lots of trees, pool, and tennis court. It is centrally located, close to Triangle Town Center, Mini-City, hwys 540, 440, 40, and 64.

HOA is $290/year.

We love it. There are a lot of nice subdivisions in Northeast Raleigh. Northeast Raleigh is not as expensive as North Raleigh. We only have single family homes--no townhomes or condos. Homes range on the smaller end from $140k to $200k to the larger end around $220-$300k.

I also like Heritage but if it's too far for you then you should consider North Raleigh or Northeast Raleigh.

Harrington Grove in Durham has very strict HOAs. They even count the leaves you have on the ground.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:12 AM

19 posts, read 51,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Kitts Creek you're talking about, right? (Brentwood has huge trees.)
I really like Brentwood. I don't know why Brentwood's homes don't sell better.

I think Brentwood is going to be next boom. It's in a great location. It's right outside the beltline.

I recently saw a brandnew home built in Brentwood on MLS. I think it was a tear-down.

Some enterprising developer is going to figure this out and heavily invest (it looks like someone has already figured this out) in that neighborhood --and boom, Brentwood will be the place to move to again.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:49 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,063,479 times
Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of houses for sale for a neighborhood this big in a down economy.

There are some, but not many.

So I guess people are finding out it's cool to live in Brentwood. Last month, one of the NBC national morning news shows did a story about a couple in Brentwood who publish romance novels customized with your own names. It was a fun story.

It's nice to see people who aren't house-poor and can spend their money on enjoying other things in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary